Main Menu

Help finding an old story

Started by Someperson, 11 July, 2017, 07:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Someperson

Hello, this has been driving me nuts, I've googled and searched wiki's with no luck, which is why I'm posting here in the hopes someone can help me.

I need help finding the name of an old story, published around mid 90's, unfortunately the only two scenes I remember is Dredd talking to some big green hairy creature with large eyes, (at least that's how my mind remembers it) Dredd says to it something like "what the drokk happened to you?" As he reaches for something on his belt, next scene (?) he decapitates the creature.

I think the story takes place in the Cursed Earth, and I'm 98% certain this wasn't a dream. Thank you.

Greg M.

Crusade, progs 928-937. (Or Judge Dredd Case Files 22.)

Someperson

Yes, that's the one, thank you so much!

TordelBack

Amazing that the only two people alive who remember anything about that story should find each other on this thread!   ;)

Greg M.

It's not like I haven't tried to forget...

Tjm86

Quote from: Someperson on 11 July, 2017, 07:54:15 AM

I think the story takes place in the Cursed Earth, and I'm 98% certain this wasn't a dream. Thank you.

Takes place in Antartica and no, it wasn't a dream.  It was a nightmare.  If that's been mulling around in your mind for a while I would strongly recommend seeking immediate psychiatric help.  Preferably trauma therapy.

Someperson

Thanks I might just do that, it would explain the excessive drooling. I last read it around 20 years ago when I was very young, and to displease you lot further I think it was my introduction to Judge Dredd.  ::)

sheridan

Quote from: Someperson on 11 July, 2017, 02:02:34 PM
Thanks I might just do that, it would explain the excessive drooling. I last read it around 20 years ago when I was very young, and to displease you lot further I think it was my introduction to Judge Dredd.  ::)

I'm just thankful that you somehow stuck with it!