Main Menu

Back after 35 years!

Started by BMCCOLL, 01 March, 2018, 04:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

You can never go wrong with Dante, certainly one of AD's best strips ever
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

The graphic novels are all reprints from the comic, except for any Judge Dredd vs Batman ones you come across, which are original graphic novels. (Although they have all been reprinted in one volume too.)

There's plenty of time to get to Dante. Simplest thing to do is just read them all in order and you'll get to it in good time. If you jump back and forth, the change in tone between the early '80s and the late '90s might be weird.

Dandontdare

if you're not subscribing to the Ultimate collection, you can cherry-pick individual volumes - I've got the first 2 (of 9) Dante books and they are lovely hardbacks at a very reasonable £9.99

BMCCOLL

Quote from: Richard on 02 March, 2018, 01:39:51 PMThere's plenty of time to get to Dante. Simplest thing to do is just read them all in order and you'll get to it in good time. If you jump back and forth, the change in tone between the early '80s and the late '90s might be weird.

Duly noted! I've noticed the big change in character development from the very earliest issues up to around prog 260 (where I am now). Didn't notice this at the time obviously but the BIG change between the mid 80s when I stopped reading and the subsequent issues is very, very noticable, to me anyway. As for the spacespinner podcast, can anyone tell this old 'un how to view it, I can't seem to download it.  :)