Main Menu

Ken Reid Indiegogo

Started by Steve Green, 02 June, 2018, 10:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Looks interesting.

Someone has the licence to reprint a lot of Ken Reid's Odhams strips, Frankie Stein, the Nervs etc.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-power-pack-of-ken-reid-books/x/10470117#/

According to the video, all the work is done, just needs funds for the production.

Not exactly cheap, but a nice package.

IndigoPrime

Once you take into account shipping, it's basically 40 quid a book, for 200-page hardcovers, and a couple of artwork prints. Not cheap by any means, but then you're probably not going to see this content by any other means, and fans will likely be happy.

Fair play regarding the 'what happens if...' bit – the bloke behind this is going ahead with everything anyway. Also, amusingly, if he can get 200 Brits to cough up, they all get a special postage deal.

Steve Green

Yeah, I've ordered a copy - think it only went live today and has already met 40% of the target.

Whether there are many more hardcore Ken Reid fans around aware of it and willing to cough up, who knows?

The Amstor Computer

The books look very polished, the contents comprehensive and the price fair given what is included, the cost of licensing and the production costs on a limited-run set of hardbacks.

I'm a little hesitant about the removal of colour, but if Irmantas is pulling Ken's linework out of the scanned pages then from the colour samples I've seen online it should give pretty good results (rather than converting to greyscale, which I'm not particularly fond of).

The only small frustration is that there isn't any way to preview the quality of the final product - it's a fair amount to pay for what is on offer, but it's still a heck of a price tag to commit to sight unseen. Fingers crossed for Irmantas though - he's clearly passionate about the project, what he's shown so far looks great, and Ken Reid deserves all of the belated recognition he's getting.

James Stacey

If it was for Fudge the Elf I'd have been onboard without hesitation

Steve Green

The Indiegogo reached the target today.