Main Menu

The Mansion of Madness

Started by Bolt-01, 31 October, 2018, 08:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

How many out there remember 'this' from back in the day...

Yeah, it's a new comic for Mansion of Madness!

I'll declare up front that I've lettered the strips, but the whole package is so good I wanted to share it here too!

Press release:
MALLET PRODUCTIONS RETURNS FROM THE GRAVE!

The classic British studio has been resurrected under new ownership and releases a one-off special of their classic horror comic Mansion of Madness

United Kingdom, 2018: After almost forty years, the classic British studio Mallet Productions is back, with new owners and a brand new edition of the classic horror anthology Mansion of Madness, featuring the stories from some of the best and brightest creators in the comics world today.

A 48 page digital only collection, Mansion of Madness contains six brand new spine-tingling tales of terror, guaranteed to leave you sleeping with the lights on.

Featuring work from Andi Ewington, Maura McHugh, Maan House, Alex Paterson, Dan Hill, Alfie Gallagher, Clay McLeod Chapman, Adam Kindred, Bryan Coyle, Matt Soffe, Paul Moore and Jasper Bark, Mansion of Madness also marks the comics debut of fantasy author Ruth Frances Long.

"I'm beyond thrilled to be able to work with such a fantastic roster of people," co-editor Lee Robson said. "Seeing what each of them brings to the table has been a rare honour, and being able to work with them hand-in-hand, to tell these stories, has been a truly amazing experience."

The comic also features an exclusive extract from the forthcoming book about the history of Mallet Productions by noted comics scholar Colin Smith.

The collection will be available via Comixology from October 31st, priced $3.99 (£2.49 in groats)

ComiXology link: Mansion of Madness

About Mallet Productions:

Founded in 1935 by Jonathan Williams, Mallet Productions (later known as Mallet Studios) was a small British film company based in London that became home to some of the most critically acclaimed films to ever come out of the United Kingdom.

Initially concentrating on challenging social dramas, such as The Glass (1937), the story of pub landlord who's determined to give his daughter a better start in life than he ever had, and The Factory (1936), a gritty tale of class war in a munitions factory in the Midlands, Mallet branched out into war films, detective mysteries and even comedy (1939's All Aboard! was one of the most successful British films of that year).

However, it was the release of The Girl In The Room (1941) that Mallet finally tapped into a rich vein of unsettling, psychological horror that would come to define their output over the next several years. Building on the critical and financial success of such outstanding movies as 23 Holborn Terrace (1951), Mallet eventually began to turn their attention to more mainstream horror and, before long, science fiction. With classics such as The Horror Of Ward 13 (1953) and The Silent Planet (1955), Mallet's position in the cinematic landscape of the UK became assured.

In the 1970's Mallet branched into TV, with their acclaimed anthology series Mansion of Madness. While the series only ran for five of its six episodes (ITV received a record number of complaints following the airing of the still disturbing The Devil's Run and, as such, decided not to air the final episode of the series), Mallet used its success to branch into publishing with their comic series of the same name.

While the Mansion Of Madness comic only lasted a few issues, it burned so very, very brightly, leaving an indelible mark on the British comics landscape, and inspiring a whole generation of creators – and it's that same anthology that Mallet's new owners, George Fairlamb and Lee Robson plan to use to re-establish the Mallet brand.

"We're beyond excited to be able to bring Mallet back to forefront of the cultural discussion," Fairlamb said. "As fans of the films, this is a dream come true. We're going to make sure we remain true to the ethos of the original brand we grew up with."

Mansion of Madness will be the first release under the new digital imprint, with The 13th Stone by Lee Robson and Bryan Coyle to follow. More titles will be announced later.

Find out more about Mallet Productions and our future plans at http://www.malletproductions.co.uk

Professor Bear

I got to read this and it's great - even the bits I drawed.

Link Prime

Looks right up my street Bolt- purchased.