Main Menu

Prog 2065 - Snow Escape

Started by McNulty, 20 January, 2018, 02:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: The Adventurer on 25 January, 2018, 06:39:20 PM
I would make more sense if they were just receiving technology from the future to reverse engineer, perhaps from Torquemada himself. Or even still use a drug induced psychological state, and the technology is being beamed back in time into the minds of people on the drug.

That wouldn't help - the siege engines from Nemesis Book III were built in the 'lost age of science' - Torque's people had no better idea of how they would have worked than those from pre-ABC days.

sheridan

Quote from: Modern Panther on 24 January, 2018, 09:27:13 PM
QuoteI've always found Pat Mill's recent trend of having two people talking for entire episodes to be anything but "thrillpower".

How else will we understand that evil billionaires secretly run the world and that everything we think we know is a lie, unless its explained us twice a week, every week?!

What, the 42 billionaires who own as much as the poorest half of the world's population?...

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 25 January, 2018, 07:01:44 PM
Quote from: Modern Panther on 24 January, 2018, 09:27:13 PM
QuoteI've always found Pat Mill's recent trend of having two people talking for entire episodes to be anything but "thrillpower".

How else will we understand that evil billionaires secretly run the world and that everything we think we know is a lie, unless its explained us twice a week, every week?!

What, the 42 billionaires who own as much as the poorest half of the world's population?...

p.s. 'pidgin' version of BBC website?  I had no idea!

Magnetica

They are doing thought experiments and in those terms I think it does make sense.

TordelBack

I don't really dislike anything in this prog, but other than Brass Sun (which is exciting and gorgeous) there isn't much that excites me either. That's probably slightly worse than a negative reaction, really.

ABC Warriors and Bad Company look magnificent and I'm happy they're here so I can look at them, but the stories do little or nothing for me.  Savage is also purdy, but here I'm at least somewhat interested in what's going on.  Dredd is still passive-Dredd-gets-beaten-up and new-female/Irish-sidekick-does-all-the-talking, and it just flows right over me.  Dredd-out-of-water really only works for me if the places Dredd visits are interesting, or interesting things happen to him there, and we've just spent months going from an ore-processing station to the Sov version of the Cursed Earth to a hidden ice-fishing station... it's not exactly Sauron Valley, Lesser Lingo, or even Enceladus, is it? 

So overall, the most dreaded verdict of all is delivered: meh.

Tiplodocus

Similar for me at the moment. Love the diversity in script and art and enjoying the stories but not dying for next installment and it might get to Friday before I think "Oh, I forgot to download the prog."
Be excellent to each other. And party on!