Main Menu

Ghostbusters 3

Started by Woolly, 09 February, 2010, 04:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

QuoteWorst sequel.... Highlander 2 most probably

You could be correct. Although I rewatched Wolverine again at the weekend and it's pretty fucking dire.

bluemeanie

Yeah? I really liked the Wolverine movie. Was like the X-Men films but without Halle frigging Berry stinking up the screen. The guy doing Sabretooth was very cool too.

End 10 minutes coulda done with being re-written from scratch tho even if part of me loved what they did to Deadpool just as I knew how much it would piss off the deadpool groupies who seem to think he's the best thing in comics just because he pulls a Ferris Bueller every now and again

Richmond Clements

I really wanted to like it, and kind of enjoyed it in the cinema. But watching it again on dvd revealed the poor plotting, unfinished effects and clunky script.
The start, mind you, is brilliant- everything up to him leaving the group works splendidly, and then it all falls apart.

Buddy

QuoteWorst sequel.... Highlander 2 most probably

Oh no... not by a long shot.

Looking forward to Ghostbusters 3... quite like the first film and the second is passable i suppose.

Cinema audiences expect so much more these days, more action, more effects etc... so I think it could be a great big bag of fun really.

Murry as a ghost could work... I'm guessing he didn't want too much involvement in it and this film could be a passing of the torch type of thing onto younger more trendy actors to carry on the series.

Expect to see hip youngsters in the ilk of that Efforn fella (whatever way you spell it) and at least one hot babe (Megan Fox anyone??)...

And it'll be in 3D.

M.I.K.

So this is going to be like a live action version of Extreme Ghostbusters then, is it?

Dandontdare

Quote from: bluemeanie on 11 February, 2010, 09:41:38 PM
You know... I watched Blues Brothers 2000 and it wasnt actually that bad.

Surely you jest - the original is my favourite movie of all time but I found this one physically painful to watch. They just did a virtual remake but forgot to be funny. The sheer number of guest stars totally devalued the point of having them, the cute kid was nauseating and John Goodman should have been humanely put down once Roseanne finished.

When I was at the Univeristy of Illinois, my roommate (another BB fan) took me on a Blues Brothers tour of Chicago visiting all the locations such as Lower Wacker Drive, Wrigley Field and Daly Plaza. And the little girl who is seen clapping and dancing to John Lee Hooker was one of his classmates!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 February, 2010, 07:50:43 PM
Quote from: bluemeanie on 11 February, 2010, 03:36:45 PM
Every time I see a "Ghostbusters 3" headline I cringe expecting the casting of Jack Black and/or Adam Sandler as one of the new guys because market research tells us they are funny (apparently)

I'm going to have nightmares about that scenario now! Any votes as to the worst, most misconceived sequel of all time, compared to it's brilliant forerunner? TS just reminded me of Blues Brothers 2000, and I feel the need to wash my brain out!

BTW, The first Ghostbusters was the first time I recall seeing a huge queue outside our local cinema. We said sod it and went to the poub instead, then saw it a week later.

I was gonna before, that Blues Brothers Two could have been Ghost-busters Threethree.  Not that I liked ever liked those sequels. It's just that I sort of place the earlier films in a class of their own, the same as the some of the National Lampoon originals... like Vacation and Caddy Shack.

I read somewhere that Bill MUrry's groundskeeper character very nearl;y cameod in the Ghostbusters

The next Ghostbuster monvie should be cross country feast, woith plenty of car chases, they needn't make it a musical. Though should bring back Ray Parker Jr and his theme song. Back when cloured musci was palable. Back when hip-hop was in it's infancy and hadn't fully developed into what it is now.

Apart from that. I don't think that a improved Ghostbusters movie can be made. With a winning formula or not.

Peter Venkman handing over the torch.... Is still not a great idea. But if he must. Seth Rogan , Jonah Hill and Michael Cera and I asince watching Two and Hlaf Men I have thought that Angus T. Jones looks like younger version of the John Belousie, but Michale Chickles once did a very convincing inpersonation of him in a Blues Brothers Revivial.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 February, 2010, 09:06:48 AM
... and John Goodman should have been humanely put down once Roseanne finished.

Dear grud man, what are you saying?!?  I'm no fan of Blues Brothers 2000 (although I believe masochist loon ButtonMan is...), but John Goodman in the right hands is a comedy god.

ThryllSeekyr

After opening those links on the Defndor thread, I found this video of Bill Murray being interveiwed on Dave Letterman.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/bill-murray-says-ghostbusters-3-is-his-nightmare-9390

One person comented that "Don't make it at all if the original cast is not included"

BTW, You realy know you've made it in showbiz if you can comfortably dress that badly on a talk show.

Noisybast

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 15 February, 2010, 02:31:47 PM
Back when cloured musci was palable.

Er, am I reading this correctly?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

vzzbux

There is no Blues Brothers without John Belushi.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

ThryllSeekyr

I meant palatable, You know tasty, eatable, consumable but only in the way poplular music can be.

ThryllSeekyr

Maybe a road movie is not such great a idea and far be it from me to decide how the third movie shall be filmed. It's a habit of the movie fan.

Though, I was thinking that they should do a film about how the whole Gozer thing started.

Set back in early Sumerian times, Though this might be alittle cliched, maybe the ghostbusters had ancestors just like them who were involved with the earlier Gozer somehow.  They could make this in black and white.... Please no coffee colour sepia here.

Just the seed of a idea though.

They could also do a world wide version of Ghostbusters. Where they have their own air-vechile. Some sort of jetplane. They could call it the Ecto-Two. Paying visits to hauntings all over the world.

The people involved with Ghost-Hunters Interantional and Most Haunted could cameo.

Not that I wathc their telvsion show much, though they are sometimes interesting, but I think they are just fakers. The way it's all done is make it vey hard to tell wehter or not tye've actualley filmed/found a true haunting. Half the time I think they are reading froma script anyway. Just a excuse to get funding for all their fancy equipment, and getting to travel to alot of far and distant places.

I don't like seeing the way they've film evryting on thsoe horribly filtered camaras where the finish product look very amatuerish like watching different versions of Blair Witch Project each time I tune in to this show.

BTW, can anybody tell me about the Morecambe Winter Gardens hauntings. Are they all they were cracked up to be on that show.

Mike Gloady

Did you HONESTLY use the word "COLOURED" (albeit mis-spelled)?
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

M.I.K.

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 12 March, 2010, 05:39:26 PM
Did you HONESTLY use the word "COLOURED" (albeit mis-spelled)?

Now this could spark an interesting debate about what is and isn't considered racist.

I think the problem most people would have with the term "coloured" these days is that it's not very specific. It groups everyone who isn't "white" together without distinction. However, in the past it was also used by people of different races to describe themselves, which is why there are groups with names like this around... http://www.naacp.org/home/index.htm