Main Menu

Prog 1844 30 Years of Slaughter

Started by coastguardjackuk, 03 August, 2013, 12:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastguardjackuk

Only 11 hours until I get home (I definitely thought THAT too many), I'm so excited by the return of Slaine I can barely contain myself. Which cover will I get? Will the Prog even have arrived? (The last 2 weeks it's arrived on the Monday and I only live an hour from Maldon). I'm assuming Langley is at the drawing board so to speak, although Tharg definitely said he was finishing. I'm so excited!
Building up a nice crust since 1969...

blixab

No Prog today, that's the three weeks on the bounce a Monday Prog to look forward to - good job I bought a couple of trades from the On line Shop although I wanted Slaine!!

Mabs

Er, you haven't even read it yet? Okay.  :(
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Batman's Superior Cousin

Judging from the post, it looks like it'll arrive on the Monday then!!!! :(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Buttonman

I have mine!

Got the Clint wraparound cover - the other is by Simon Davis. The Slaine is in Clint's photo-realistic style and opens with sone sexy fun.

No letters - Boo-urns.

Fisticuffs

Four posts before we reach anyone that has even received a prog? Bad form...

I was happy to get my first Saturday prog for weeks, since moving to Southampton they've been coming almost exclusively on a Monday. :(

I got variant one of the cover, it's nice but I'd have preferred variant two for the wraparound.

Dredd - A nice conclusion to the story, glad to see Sensitive Klegg survive, plenty of shooting and also a good amount of humour. Would definitely like to see more of Luna City in the future, all those resources sat there are just crying out to be exploited once Justice Department can spare the manpower.

Defoe - Pat Mills inability to keep his real world politics out of his fictional stories is getting real wearisome for me, will pass on this in future.

Slaine - My first ever  read of Slaine! Will give it a few more weeks before deciding if I like it or not, although the art is excellent, the CGI-ish photo-realisticness of it all can't help but remind me of something you'd find in the back of the Star or the Sun, strangely offputting at first, but sure I'll get used to it.

Age Of The Wolf - Not very clued up as to the background of this strip, but it's a fun read and the clean art is a nice change to everything else in the prog.

The Ten Seconder - Now this is how it is done. Massive changes wrought before our eyes, very keen to see where this is being taken. Excellent sci-fi, good humour and great art, more please!!

On a related note my sub runs out soon, 50/50 split as to whether or not I'll bother renewing, the only sure-fire strip for me is Dredd, which I can easily get my fill of with trade paperbacks and Case Files. Decisions decisions...

hippynumber1

Best part of this week's prog for me? That last panel of Slaine!  :o

Bat King

I got Clint Langley's variant 2 wrap around!

http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/slaine-again-starting-in-2000ad-prog-1844/ for anyone not yet read it who wants to see the first panel that hippynumber1 mentioned!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mabs

So which version will the non-subscribers get on Wednesday? Pick of two or one of two  :-*
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

strontium71

I reckon it would have been good if the two covers had just one half of Slaine's face each , and they then joined together to form the whole face. Do this again mid-way down the run , but with the others artists.
...because I hate you.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Bat King on 03 August, 2013, 02:56:02 PM
I got Clint Langley's variant 2 wrap around!

http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/slaine-again-starting-in-2000ad-prog-1844/ for anyone not yet read it who wants to see the first panel that hippynumber1 mentioned!

Not that one, the LAST panel of the episode! And I got the Langley wraparound too...

Ghost MacRoth

After taking a neighbours prog round to them as the postie is a bit of a tit, I settled down to read mine.

Dredd:  Bit of a sawn off story really.  I feel it could have ran further than three episodes, but it was enjoyable none the less.

Defoe: Lovely art as usual, but I think I can see the 'twist' coming from several miles away. :(

Slaine: Typically static 'Jackie' photostrip for the first 3 pages, followed by another 3 pages of equally static, if slightly more artistically interesting pages, and then a final page making promises I dearly hope it'll keep.  That last panel is the kind of thing I'd love to see Langley get back to.  Put down the camera, step away from the computer, and pich up a damn pen dude!

Age of the wolf:  Starting to bore the shit outta me.  Nice enough art, but I just don 't give a monkeys if the characters live or die any more.

10 Seconders: Keeping my interest, nicely set panels, cracking art, and a story I'm not quite sure where it's heading.

Overall, a pleasant read on a lazy Saturday with a glass of chilled Magners. ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

sheldipez

Haven't yet picked up the prog from my local thrill merchant (hopefully they'll get plenty of Davis covers) but does the American Reaper chap have the Slaine gig as a 2nd job or what. Not against this photo art stuff but at least use different people. Is it Pat Mills' neighbour?

moly

Enjoyed slaine and can't wait till next week if the art is like the last panel
Defoe was great infact really good prog this week