Main Menu

1400!

Started by Leigh S, 02 July, 2004, 05:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Are you all insane!?  Dreddcon 5 is good news, but... look at the prog 1400 previews!

The Amstor Computer

Bee-yoooo-tiful :-)

Dredd looks stunning - Cam Kennedy does a great Cursed Earth.

ABC Warriors is funking great, though it's a shame they're basically the same pics that have been floating around for months now. BTW - are those the monkey-things from the original Mars adventures? The episodes illustrated by Dave Gibbons, IIRC...

Dom's art on Caballistics looks ruddy fantastic - and is that the Nessy Monster in that second pic?

Strontium Dog looks good - certainly the best I've seen Carlos' colour work looking recently. I'm assuming that's the eponymous Headly Foot we can see in the preview pics ;-)

Great to see Robo-Hunter's back so soon as well. Ian Gibson's artwork looks fantastic again, and I only hope we see the same quality in the story.

Not particularly happy to see Asylum back, as I thought the first series was pretty naff. Still, Boo Cook's art looks to have progressed nicely, and while I'm still not a massive fan of his style, it looks like being more accomplished & interesting than his work on Dead Men Walking.

All in all, it looks like a bit of a corking line-up, and while I've got my doubts about some aspects, I'm sure it'll follow the current assault brilliantly.

VampiraJen

err...has anyone noticed that that's six, not five....?

The Amstor Computer

Yeah, but Robo-Hunter and Asylum II aren't due until prog 1406.

Wake

has anyone noticed that that's six, not five....

Did you miss "And coming up in Prog 1406..."

At least one of the first 4 stories must be no more than 6 episodes.

Wake

VampiraJen

Did you miss "And coming up in Prog 1406..."

errrr......i...errr.....guess i did...ahem.......

what a muppet.........

The Amstor Computer

I'd guess that neither the Dredd strip or the Caballistics story will be more than four eps. I reckon ABC Warriors & maybe Strontium Dog will run through 1406, but the rest probably won't.

VampiraJen

stront dog will probably be a full on 8 parter, if not longer...........

paulvonscott

Yeah, prog 1400 looks okay I guess, but it's no prog 746.

VampiraJen

what was so great about 746?

petemaskreplica

You see that Henry Flint page with the monkeys?
I've got the original, I have :)

The Amstor Computer

Ah, of course. Who could forget the mighty prog 746 - Tao de Moto nearing the end of its 26-part run, Dead Meat Book 1, Fleischer's Harlem Heroes... a lineup only sullied by John Smith's Revere.

;-)

Beeks

It looks really good...I haven't read a 2000ad since 1990...before that I was an avid reader and have a massive collection of progs including the first few ever made...

and...on the advice of others in the forum...I have been told to rejoin the 2K family at prog 1400

I must admit...I am salivating at the prospect...

Tharg...Im coming home :)
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Banners

"Asylum II" or the Halo intro sequence?

M@

paulvonscott

Well, there was...

CONTENTS
Dead Meat
Script: Cook, M, Artist: Simon Jacob

Judge Dredd - Muzak Killer
Script: Garth Ennis, Artist: Dermot Power

Tharg's Future Shocks - Holiday of a Lifetime
Script: Paul Carstairs, Artist: Mick Austin

Harlem Heroes - Death Sport
Script: Michael Fleisher, Artist: Senior, G

Revere
Finders' Edge
Script: John Smith, Artist: Simon Harrison

Tao De Moto
Script: Myra Hancock, Artist: David Hine

Oh, hang on, that prog was shit.  No, no, prog 1400 is much better.  Sorry, forget I mentioned it.