Main Menu

1408 Total War and all that!

Started by Proudhuff, 22 September, 2004, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Jings! how good can it get, home at lunchtime a bottle of Irn Bru and Total War!!
S
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
Dredd what a superb start, there are more clones out there, even super clones and they haven't told old Stoney face, trouble brewing there and no misstake.

How many nukes? given radiation who's gonna be left to vote for democracy? Jings! am loving this already.
Top makes to Wagner and Flint.

Callabs as good as ever, even uses my favour line, 'You've mistaken me etc'

Robohunter, fabby stuff but doesnt that baddie look toooo girlie?

Asylum 2 great art work, I hope that guy in the copters a baddie.

Strontie heehee! I can no long read this without seeing undertones

fergal Huffsey

DDT did a job on me

VampiraJen

grumple grumble jealously grumble grumblehttp://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/7e4b5b84/bc/My+Documents/b9.jpg?bfJ8XUBB2ET65PJ_">

WoD

Quick diversion...say goodbye to work for the rest of the day...

Link: http://193.151.73.87/games/lemmings/" target="_blank">lemmings

,Mr. Nice

How many nukes? given radiation who's gonna be left to vote for democracy?
Well, "thermonuclear devices" covers a lot of ills, but if they are "proper" fusion (hydrogen) bombs (not the cheaty ones we have at the mo, which use a fission reaction to kick start the fusion) then the radiation from the explosion itself, there is no long term radioactive fallout, since the waste product is not radioactive. That's why in computer games like sim city or civilisation, nuclear fusion power stations are complete safe, while a nulcear fission power station is not.

Oddboy

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Cover - I was expecting a Dredd cover really. Wasn't too impressed with the Stronty one, 'fraid to say.

Judge Dredd: Total War starts off pretty darn well, extra judges from the house of Fargo - loved Dredd's reaction: bet he's thinking this is 'Mechanismo' all over again! Remember Mega-City "nukes" don't seem to be on a Nagasaki / Hiroshima level - they where using them against the Aliens without fear of radioactive fallout. It's the TADs you want to be careful of.
Very potent story, especially coming in a week where terrorists are actively holding the government to ransom over decapitation of hostages.

Caballistics, Inc.: Creepshow sadly ends, but what a conclusion! I like the side-story that's been running alongside the 'Creepshow' bits; Ravne's murderous return to health.

Robo-Hunter: The Furzt Case was brilliantly funny. The plot's getting stupider & stupider: what more could we ask for? Love the Robocops! And as for Robo-zilla; YAY!

Asylum 2 continues nicely, the weakest thing in the prog at the moment, but then it's got some darned hot competition: so it's still pretty good!

Strontium Dog: Traitor to his Kind is fun - I'm glad the 'seriousness' of this story hasn't got in the way of some proper Stronty humour.

No Droid Life unfortunately, hmpf.

Good proggy though.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Dudley

Darryl

did anyone else notice the inconsistancies in the SD episode this week? In one frame, Johnny's got his helmet on, then the next no helmet, and the same with his clothes.... or am i just ever so slightly mad?

Dredd; kicks off what I hope will be a great story to rival the Apocolyspe war or Necropolis.

Cab Inc; Hehehehe... Ravne's now in charge huh? great ending.

Asylum - i want to like this, And Boo's art is great, but it doesnt grab me.

Will Total War be reflected in the Meg stories?

Oddboy

Johnny was just jealous of Wulf going off getting some lady-action - that's why he kept whipping his top off every two seconds: to remind Wulf how nice a male torso could be!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

This week, I shall be mostly saying, "Wow!"

Dredd: This is utterly absorbing! The story and - very clean and better than before - Flint art get five-out-of-five massive Trouty Wows each!
Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Cabs: A huge five Wows for the splendid b&w art and a well-deserved four Wows for the great story. The payoff was expected, but still a shock. Damn fine last page!
Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Asylum: Maybe three Wows for a perfectly good science fiction story and three for the strong art.
Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Robohunter: A massive five Wows for the art and four for the story. Just what 2K's been missing: giant robot dinosaurs! Hooray!
Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Strontium Dog: This is bloody tense, isn't it? With perfect Ezq art and a nice building-block episode, this is right up there with Total War for me!
Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Overall: Wow!

- Trout

Trout

Over-excited bold off, hopefully.

If not, one of you minions can do it.

- Trout

paulvonscott

Thought Dredd was simply outstanding.  Exciting from the start, loads of expectation and story build up.  

Loving Stront.  This is a great stopryline, Alpha trapped between doing what's right, what's best for people and possibly turning himself into a pariah.

Robo-Hunter as well.  Robo-Hunter seems to be going up a notch in the silliness.  I love sam using his phonecall to get info and essentially look at an advert and his responding comment to Samantha 'knowledge is power'

Cabs, okay.  It was a dream/reality thing and they their way out of it, much to Freddy Krugers dismay.  More plot in the bits between the story.

Asylum.  Worthy without the worth I'm afraid.

Overall, a damn good prog.  I have to say I've enjoyed 2000AD more than the meg this time round.  Meg was Okay, AD is about to go Nuclear.

Cheers!

VampiraJen

Wils

++BOLD OFF++
++PISCINE WEB-FU FAILURE++
++HAS NO COMMAND OVER SIMPLE HTML++

;)

Trout

We'll see how smart you get when I pish in your pint next weekend, Wilson.

:-p

- Trout

Endjinn

It was all fuckadoodledoo fantastic this week (even if Asylum is still a bit slow).

As for Cabs - there's another body on the floor, with just an arm in shot. One of Ranve's gimps?