Main Menu

Large 2000ad stash plus extra bits

Started by Timothy, 24 July, 2013, 03:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Adult family life has finally caught up with me and I've found/been told that there's no room for all my old comics and my sons really aren't interested. As a consequence I've got a lot to get rid of.

This is the list -
2000ad progs 356 to 947 (374, 506 and 519 missing)
A bundle of sci-fi and winter specials covering the same period
Crisis 1 to 59 (57 missing)
Deadline 1 to 67 (19 and 23 missing)
Revolver - all including Romance and Halloween specials

These are the rules -
1. This is a job lot; I'm not splitting.
2. Winner must collect. I'm Leeds based.
3. I've really enjoyed these comics and I want someone else to too. Because of this I do not want any money Instead, what I want is for the lot to go to someone nice.
4. Post on here why you should get the comics. Please do not email me as it's only fair that anyone else interested sees what they're up against.
5. Niceness might be demonstrated by a good story, an offer to donate an amount to charity (the more the charity appeals to me the more likely it is to sway me), something that makes me laugh, anything really. I reserve the right to be capricious.
6.I'll decide the winner on Monday 12th of August and post on here.

Good luck.

Fatboydale

I live in Leeds , i would give all the 2000ad to charity and keep the oddments my self ....

Not gonna broadcast my funny storys on here , but when picking them up , i shall bore you with them , i know a good chunk of  2000ad artists ...

Colin YNWA

I own all the 2000ad's but would be very interested in the Deadlines. I would therefore build a tower of thrill-power from the unwanted comics to defend my cat from larger neighbours (there's a lot of cat politics our way and Indie is only a tiny thing bless her), or more likely make them into a man cave as my funny story will be how my wife had threatened to kick me out if I brought yet more bloody comics into the house. Oh how we'll lark.

At the end of the day when it rains and I realise that mighty though thrillpower is, its not bloody water proof I'd take them around to a charity shop, preferably Mind or Shelter and beg on bended knee to be let back in.

Dodsy

I once stopped to help a lady change a flat tire on her car when on the way back from my local Forbidden Planet. It was during the Xmas season and she was stuck in the multi story waiting for her Dad (who wasn't finishing work for another 3 hours, never mind travelling through the Xmas crowds).
Apparently loads of people had driven past her and just looked, would have cost her a fortune as well as it's one of those car parks where you pay when you leave.

Does that put me in the running? lol.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Dodsy

Judgement day today! *crosses fingers very tightly*
Twitter - @dodsy84

Dragonfly

I am not interested in the comics (oh yes I am) But if whoever wins this gives a donation to charity (prefably a cancer charity. but it doesn't really matter) then everyone is a winner.

Timothy

Drum roll please......

Sorry for the delay in posting - I wanted to leave it as late as possible and then I got drunk and fell asleep.
For being a knight in shining armour to a stranded lady, and for his enthusiastic excitement too, the winner is
Dodsy.

Thanks all. Dodsy, I'll send you a pm later today.

Dodsy

Holy crap did I just won something?  :o I never win anything lol.

Cheers mate, I'll keep an eye out for your PM.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Dodsy

Picked up my winnings today  :)

Very happy with the lot and can't wait to get stuck in, it may take a while to get through this load...
Twitter - @dodsy84

Mabs

Wow! That is a LOT of progs to get through, nice one dodsy! It eclipses the Meg haul I won a few days back!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Timothy

Happy reading! I picked up Mazeworld on your reccommendation today and shall get stuck into that tonight.