Main Menu

Johnny Red Rebellion reprints

Started by broodblik, 17 September, 2020, 03:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Do anyone know if Rebellion is planning to do Johnny Red reprints and if there is any plans of doing the Charley's War WWII stuff as well ?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: broodblik on 17 September, 2020, 03:24:34 PM
Do anyone know if Rebellion is planning to do Johnny Red reprints and if there is any plans of doing the Charley's War WWII stuff as well ?

No idea about Rebellion's reprint plans, I'm afraid but, IIRC, Pat didn't write any of the WW2 Charley stuff (I want to say Scott Goodall did, but that may be my memory playing its usual tricks). It didn't run for that long, ended rather abruptly, and, notwithstanding the Joe Colqhoun art, isn't much good, if I'm honest.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Not aware of anything. The Titan reprints limped to volume 4 the first John Cooper stuff but nothing beyond that. Which is a shame. I imagine they didn't sell as well as Charley's War - which is a much more renowned strip and you can see why Rebellion reprinted it straight away after buying the Treasury - especially with the improve repro from contingental publishing available (assumign they used those?) and the colour added back.

I'd guess Johnny Red doesn't command the same numbers to justify an immediate duplication. Which is a shame as it would be great to have more.

You'd think it was on the list somewhere - but who knows how far down what I assume is quite a long list - and if I'm honest I'd like to get The Sarge first as I have memories of loving that. It has Mike Western Art and unlike Johnny R I don't have any (God knows if it hold up!?!)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 September, 2020, 03:28:24 PM
No idea about Rebellion's reprint plans, I'm afraid but, IIRC, Pat didn't write any of the WW2 Charley stuff (I want to say Scott Goodall did, but that may be my memory playing its usual tricks). It didn't run for that long, ended rather abruptly, and, notwithstanding the Joe Colqhoun art, isn't much good, if I'm honest.

Shoddy memory aside I think this is right BUT also seem to recall Pat Mills somewhere suggesting he'd like to see the WWII stuff collected if only as a art collection to show off Joe Colqhoun's art... mind how much weight Pat's thoughts carry with Rebellion these days...

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 September, 2020, 03:28:24 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 17 September, 2020, 03:24:34 PM

I think you are correct it was Scott Goodall. I want this more to have my collection complete.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.