Main Menu

Judge Dredd for playstation home

Started by bluemeanie, 25 November, 2010, 12:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

I posted up a thing on my crappy website, but basically you can now get a Dredd costume, statue and poster for your Playstation Home virtual world thing

Dont have it myself or know too much about what it is (guessing its like a 3d chatroom with avatars) but stomping round as Dredd could be pretty cool.

Anyone shed any more light on it? I have a wii, I know nothing.

Keef Monkey

Think it's like a hub world you can run around in with an avatar and show off your trophies and items to other users. Haven't used it myself but my mate let his daughter use it and within moments she was being followed around by a gang of men so he put a stop to that pretty fast.

Misanthrope

Quote from: bluemeanie on 25 November, 2010, 12:57:19 PM
I posted up a thing on my crappy website, but basically you can now get a Dredd costume, statue and poster for your Playstation Home virtual world thing

Dont have it myself or know too much about what it is (guessing its like a 3d chatroom with avatars) but stomping round as Dredd could be pretty cool.

Anyone shed any more light on it? I have a wii, I know nothing.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/11/24/playstation-home-modular-stage-set-lake-house-zombie-companions-more/
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

strontium71

As an 360 gamer I can tell you that Xbox live seriously needs to match the PS3s home.
At the moment you just have your avatar stand there and occasionly react to their prop.
Much as I like the 360 , the 'home' , although accessible , is very dull.
...because I hate you.

GordonR

Quote from: strontium71 on 25 November, 2010, 09:26:45 PM
As an 360 gamer I can tell you that Xbox live seriously needs to match the PS3s home.
At the moment you just have your avatar stand there and occasionly react to their prop.

As compared to the pulse-pounding excitement of Playstation Home, where you can spend time standing in a virtual queue to play virtual tenpin bowling, or watch the crowds of social inadequates creepily following around anyone with a female avatar?

Richmond Clements

Well, I have a 360 to, you know, play games on. It's vaugley amusing to me that my avatar looks like me in a suit, but I have no interest in actually using it for anything futher- I can't get my head around the fact that people spend real money in buying clothes for an avatar... but that's just me.

radiator

QuoteAs an 360 gamer I can tell you that Xbox live seriously needs to match the PS3s home.

I booted up Home for the first time last night - and frankly it's so awful I'm amazed Sony didn't scrap it before release. I can see how it seems like a good idea in theory, but in execution it's pretty embarrassing. I ran around the plaza for three minutes before getting bored and switching it off, and I doubt I'll ever use it again.

The bland, dead-eyed avatars are terrible - I usually love tinkering around with these things, but I found it utterly impossible to make mine look anything like me despite the wealth of options... Imo Nintendo nailed this concept with Miis - which were deceptively simple and a whole lot more charismatic. In fact the Mii generator is almost a game in itself - I can remember almost crying with laughter while making borderline-offensive caricatures of all my friends.

Something Fishy

I deleted home ages ago, right load of boring pap and a waste of resource to be honest.