Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

GrinningChimera

IGN have a video of various staffers playing it

http://au.ign.com/videos/2014/04/25/how-scary-is-alien-isolation

I was skeptical, but now I'm looking forward to it

Looks bloody scary :D

ZenArcade

Sounds good, haven't played a video game in months....think the last was Kill zone 3.  A good Alien game would be a treat! Any news on new 2000ad games, I loved the Rogue Trooper game. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

ThryllSeekyr

Goaty

radiator

Seems to be getting very mixed reviews, with many of the big sites complaining that while it starts strong, it drags on far too long and totally outstays it's welcome.

When it was first announced, I do remember thinking it sounded like the format would have been better suited to being a short and sweet, XBLA kind of experience.

Hawkmumbler

Can't possibly be worse than Colonial Marines.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Wait till the price falls before buying. Sounds like an endlessly frustrating game: the game creators have apparently made it to difficult.

The Alien comes in at random and can find you even if you are hiding so once your Xenos gullet fodder it's back to your last save. You can't quick save your progress so not a lot of fun if your within sight of the phone/save option and you get killed; run/ hide/ die/ repeat means unhappy gamer.

Your weapons at best can only drive the Alien away and there are killer Androids plus humans too. £31 for not a lot of joy time. I'm waiting but I'll probably buy it eventually.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

GordonR

Don't think anyone's mentioned the 2000AD connection here, yet?  Dan Abnett wrote this game.

http://plus10damage.com/blog/2014/5/10/aliens-isolation-gets-a-writer

ThryllSeekyr

Is it as good as they say it is?

Rog69

Seems pretty mixed so far but more average to positive so I still have hopes for this, although the lack of a proper save system along with too much repetition may annoy me enough to give up on it.

I very rarely pre-order games these days but I am a fan of this type of game and I got a good deal with a voucher via GMG so I have it pre-loading right now, so fingers crossed it doesn't turn out to be a turd.

ThryllSeekyr

Right, I'm playing the Steam version and I thought it was ready to start when it gave me a Content Still Encrypted message when I clicked on it's iconic sickly green light leaking from a cracked egg icon on my deskstop.

What's going on with that?

I might not of been so lazy and found out from the Steam website myself. but I'm exhausted from 'having my own bowels wanting to evacuate any food or drink that's reaches my stomach on and off all morning and then I had to sleep it off for the rest of the day.

There must be some bug in my food.

Anyway, Looking forward to playing this.......

Rog69

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 05 October, 2014, 07:40:38 AM
Right, I'm playing the Steam version and I thought it was ready to start when it gave me a Content Still Encrypted message when I clicked on it's iconic sickly green light leaking from a cracked egg icon on my deskstop.

What's going on with that?

It isn't released yet, you just have it preloaded and it will unlock sometime on Tuesday.