Main Menu

Was there a charity deck at Bristol this year?

Started by Buddy, 09 October, 2005, 05:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Natsan

Nope,no charity deck of cards as the festival is no longer done by Kev.

Carlsborg Expert

Bart did a bunch,I dont know what hes done with them though.

Unfinished business perhaps.

Buddy

Pity about the no deck thing. Quite enjoyed that.

I think Dez Skin missed an opportunity there.

The charity deck event would have generated good publicity for the event and it's a chance to get a look at artists having a crack at characters they normally wouldn't do.

Perhaps next year.

Carlsborg Expert

Yeah well we all contributed to these ones and they are good enough to go fow a few quid. Its a mixture of talented  artists all done at the convention.There wasnt enough time to go round all of the legends so up and aspiring artists contributed. Some bringing a massive business potential to them. So far.
 But Barts a busy man and he holds of the cards for real special occasians while he works on the charity he would best negotiate his time with.

Maybe it was just for his own indulgence though. I dunno, I always think people think they are wasting their time on me.Or I think they are. Especially when Im constantly drunk when I am out with them over short while.

He hasnt mentioned anything since and I have since got the idea he may have lost them. And we'll (all who contributed) all call him goon.Which he wont want. because he said he'd do it at least at some point after a few more conventions.

My biggest concern is that theres been no show at Dreddconvi. His cards didnt and nor did he.

Buddy

How many artists did he get to do for the cards.

Bart! Give us an update on the deck.

Bolt-01

Bart was at Dreddcon! I spoke to him. No cards though.

Umpty: Check the bristol sketch thread from Earlier this year. I'm sure he posted some of the cards there.

Bolt-01

Bart Oliver

Twenty or so (not kept count) of 52- contributors include boarders, droids and (graffiti) artist friends of mine.

My head's in about five different places/pieces at the moment so the honest answer is I forgot to pack the deck. Which is a shame really because I wanted Shedconners, Dreddconners, Droids etc all to contribute.

I'll ask LMS if he'll secure some sketches at Brighton.  

As for the charity auction aspect, that was mentioned in passing, I can't see a collection of sketches (like the ones so far) being of much interest beyond the board, but if boarders *are* up fer bidding on it when it's completed (2006?) that's what we'l do.

Thoughts anyone?

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Matt Timson

I really like bacon- especially if you fry it in lemon juice.  Yum yum!
Pffft...

Bart Oliver

Not done that before- some thing to try at the weekend.

Matt Timson

Smoked back bacon, mind- with the fat cut off.  None of your flabby northern rashers!

;)
Pffft...

Carlsborg Expert

Would a seven week bid be affable on here?

You could do it every year so the bidder has to also hold the responsibility of a: helping them age well and, b:putting them up for auction again.

The stakes arHargh!

Bart Oliver

What about the juice?

Does it have to be freshly squeezed or can I just use up the Jif Lemon in fridge door egg compartment leftover from Shrove Tuesday?

Matt Timson

That stuff isn't lemon juice in the same way that smash isn't potato.  Squeeze it fresh- at least half a lemon's worth!
Pffft...