Main Menu

'Classic' comics you've never read (But would like to).

Started by Roger Godpleton, 05 March, 2005, 05:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LSDfish

never read Watchmen, or V for Vendetta,  not heard of a lot of stuff mentioned

just read From Hell and Dark Knight Returns,  FH was the first non 2000ad Moore I've read,  pretty damn good DKR lived up to the reviews as well

opaque

I've read some of Maus, read and got V for Vendetta, Watchmen and The Filth.
But thats it. Never got into anything else.

I think I need the collected issues really, never got into odd issues, need to read it all at once.

SamuelAWilkinson

I've still only read the first four GNs of Gaiman's Sandman. Having said that, though, I'd rather be gifted all of Sandman Mystery Theatre by a mysterious benfactor instead. That stuff was good.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Carlsborg Expert.

Yer know I was looking at this thread thinking what do I know,then you reminded me; the sandman, series all of them.

They'd be my choice also.

Believe me Im not a follower of peoples ideas to be popular, I just need to be reminded every now and then where my likes are at.

When it comes to comics this board usually shoehorns the stored stuff 80% of the time.

jimmy:)

Will I. Cooling

Yep UKDANE, CI quoted an interview with one of the owners whose put it on hiatus and taken on US work for hire gigs.

Anyone know where I can get a copy of Last American and Rob Williams/ Trev Hairsine's superhero book?

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Grant Goggans

A little caution on those new Sin City editions:

I've read a couple of complaints about the binding on those.  I had a look at them at my LCS last week and agree; they are very flimsy and I don't like them at all.  Rather than going mail-order, I'd suggest you try and find a shop near you and judge before buying.

Reading Hellblazer is a real chore, thanks to DC's refusal to issue the trades in anything resembling a proper order.  The next time they find a new Vertigo trade editor, deleting everything in print now in favor of new, numbered volumes should be the first thing they do.  (Continuing their collections of Doom Patrol, Shade the Changing Man and Sandman Mystery Theatre should be next on the agenda!)

--Grant

Steamboy

Having recently Discovered the delights of Alan Moore, V is next on my agenda(when I find a trade), L.O.E.G and generally ransacking the ABC line.  ALso wouldn't mind reading more of Morrisons earlier American work, too many to list.
Just dont get down to Perth enough and always forget what I'm after when I do(all those bright shiney up to date monthlies always grab my damn attention).

CU Krestel