Main Menu

How do I know the final results of my poll before it disappeared?

Started by sigu, 17 April, 2002, 02:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigu

I woke up this morning and  it was gone! I also would have liked to see the results of some of Paul's poll's (try saying that in a hurry)

Surely there must be a way of seeing them after they've been nudged off the voting screen?

SiG

stodge

er, i think the full list of polls is here.......

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=fan&page=pollindex" target="_blank">Polls

sigu

Aha! Thanks Stodge, I was using the 'polls' link on the messageboard page which only shows the most recent ones.

paulvonscott

Hi Simon, only the last five polls are on the bottom, and the last poll appears on the frontpage, which I just discovered last night.

Part of the reason you aren't on those five is that I appear to have a condition that causes me to post lots of pointless polls.  Many apologies, I'm going to have a nice rest.

The doctors say I might not be better for some time.

sigu

Bring 'em on, PVS. I've voted on all of your polls, although the 'male unjudicial relationship' question was tricky. Come to think of it so was the 'female unjudicial relationship' one. If only McGruder trained her moustache into a full Lopez everything would have been simpler.

paulvonscott

Yes, well, the unjudicial relationship one, was a better idea in theory than in practice.  I had to have one for each, then I didn't want to leave one of those hanging around the front page (haven't we got a bad enough reputaion as it is) so then I had to add another to cover it up.

Well, there should really be another menu option for each I guess.  For those who like women, the choice of young, lithe intelligent and attractive female Judges is suspiciously large.

If someone could send me a better list of eligible male judges, I'd be happy to replace it.  Lopez might have been quite a hit with the ladies in the 1970's or 2080's with that moustache, but now...

One thing I did realise too late is that in a poll where someone might not choose anything, you need a 'get out vote', so they can see the poll without having voted for anything.  Obviously if it's a fun one like the weapons one, thats fine, but the Mega City polls should have had 'I choose vaporisation' on each.  To add that I'd have to erase all the votes which seems a shame.

At some point along the way I ceased being a rational human being, not quite sure where it happened.  Possibly after I'd voted for McGruder in my own poll.  I'm going for pre-beard personally, but perhaps we could spend our twilight years growing beards together.

Cheers
PVS

Wake

To have a non-vote option would be 'cheating'. The point about not seeing the results until you've voted is so that your initial vote isn't influenced by what other people have voted.

Since you can change your vote, then obviously this might be influenced, but hey we're not electing political leaders here.

Wake

sigu

Why are you allowed to change your vote?

Wood

Re: female unjudicial relationship poll.

WHAT NO JUDGE JANUS?

(yes, it's perverse. But I fancied Judge Janus. So shoot me now)

paulvonscott

Well, she was on the short list.  Believe me, I had to make a few difficult choices on that one.  Judge Lola Palmtree was a bit of a fox.  

There's no reason not to have a female unjudicial relationship poll 2.  Or a male one for that matter.

If we can get another 7, I'll be Dennis Norden and we can have 'It'll be the right judge on the night 2'