Main Menu

2000AD: Project Sketchbook

Started by ming, 16 November, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Spikes on 06 August, 2014, 05:51:06 PM
Nice to see these posts popping up at (fairly) regular intervals, now. Some cracking pieces, and yes, its all kinds of lovely to see 'Ewins 2014', as others have said. But my..... that Langley Slaine is nice!

Thanks, Iain!

That reminds me, I neglected to add this fine Mean Machine, also by Clint.

Woolly

Those Clint sketches are a sight to behold!  :o

Although i've come to appreciate his photoshop skills (books of invasion vol1 is particularly beautiful in retrospect), i still wish he'd do more inked work for the prog.

Edit: Clint *Langley*. I don't want anyone thinking I'm on first-name terms or anything  ;)

Fungus

Yep, he needs to draw more and log off  :) Lovely art.

Ol' Mean may have a bit of bother going up from 1 to 2 to... oh wait, 4 - no I meant 3!
If that's artistic licence, I like it  :P

Judge Nutmeg

ming

Jesús Redondo kindly agreed to do something for Project Sketchbook and suddenly produced a handful of images all at once.  I'll drip-freed these in here while I wait for a couple of other things to materialise.

Anyway, the whole thing seems to be going well and there's an astounding roll-call of talent involved now.  I'm particularly Thrilled by the inclusion of Jesús, Carlos and Ian Kennedy as my association with their work goes all the way back to Star Lord, but the overall list of contributors is brain-meltingly wonderful.

More to follow...

Meanwhile, if you fancy getting something drawn by Jesús, get yourselves here: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,41137.0.html

Wiggz

Lovely work as always Ming! - Look forward to seeing what you get next... =).

ming

Quote from: Wiggz on 17 September, 2014, 09:30:08 AM
Lovely work as always Ming! - Look forward to seeing what you get next... =).

Thanks - me too!  Hopefully a couple more contributions will materialise in the next few weeks...

Colin YNWA

One day I really hope to see these in the flesh. Quite fantastic.

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 17 September, 2014, 09:54:13 AM
One day I really hope to see these in the flesh. Quite fantastic.

Brother, you and me both...  The only people to see these first-hand so far are the various artists involved, but then that's part of the fun.

ming

Another contribution from Jesús...

:)

hippynumber1

ming

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 30 September, 2014, 09:23:25 AM
Now that's incredible!

Thanks, Mark - it's great to see Jesús revisiting Return to Armageddon, especially as it was out in the wilderness without a reprint for so long...

Colin YNWA

I saw this over at the Facebook group but will spurt my love for it here.

That is just fantastic. From a fantastic series I'm so glad has finally seen the light of day again.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 September, 2014, 01:03:27 PM
I saw this over at the Facebook group but will spurt my love for it here.

Urgh! :-\

Proudhuff

that book is gonna need a splashguard!
DDT did a job on me