Main Menu

2000AD: Project Sketchbook

Started by ming, 16 November, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Back from beyond the grave... Project Sketchbook creaks back into life courtesy of the lovely Simon Fraser.

Angelina diGriz

Artie Gruber

Jim_Campbell

He's a bit handy, that Fraser lad. I know the prog's loss is Dr Who's gain, but I really miss Simon's contributions to the Galaxy's Greatest...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 October, 2015, 11:48:02 AM
He's a bit handy, that Fraser lad. I know the prog's loss is Dr Who's gain, but I really miss Simon's contributions to the Galaxy's Greatest...

This is correct on just about ever level. While I'm enjoying his Doctor Who quite a bit (by far the best of Titan's offerings that I've read) I do miss him in the Prog. Those sketches are both brilliant and I'm very happy to see the book back.

ming

Simon did manage to sneak this one in as well...

Proudhuff

Its threads like this that make this place the best around...  :D

Now all we need is for this sketchbook to 'disappear' and legions of Squaxx will be off on a quest following the clues laid out on this very thread!
DDT did a job on me

ming

Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 October, 2015, 12:53:36 PMNow all we need is for this sketchbook to 'disappear' and legions of Squaxx will be off on a quest following the clues laid out on this very thread!

There are four of these official 2000AD sketchbooks doing the rounds now, the main reason for that being to reduce the risk of the whole enterprise grinding to a halt if someone sits on one for a year (as has happened).  Books bounce from artist to artist and, three years in, I still haven't seen any of these in person*.  Recorded delivery helps me sleep at night but if anything ever does get lost in the post I'll go bananas.  Or postal; whichever seems more appropriate at the time.

* Apart from Ed Bagwell's Nemesis, which he sent in direct as he's even more wary of the postal system than I am.

Mikey

Stunning contributions from Fraser there - hard not to love a bit of Gruber!

QuoteRecorded delivery helps me sleep at night but if anything ever does get lost in the post I'll go bananas.

If they go missing, I imagine this very message board would go very quiet as the assembled Squaxx started breaking into sorting offices up and down the country...I'd send it back to you of course, but I expect a few pages would have been stolen by posties. Yes, posties.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

IronGraham

Do you ask for specific things or is it up to the artists'?
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Richmond Clements

Fucking hell.
To my eternal shame, as a squaxx and a moderator*, this is the first time I have seen this thread... (I know!)
I now have a severe case of TPO after looking at the past 10 pages. Outstanding work!

*I'm aware that you all now think you can sneak stuff on in the dark corners of the forum thinking I am not omnipresent...

ming

Quote from: IronGraham on 20 October, 2015, 05:29:05 PM
Do you ask for specific things or is it up to the artists'?

A bit of both.  Sometimes I'm asked what I'd like, other times I offer a suggestion or two but quite often it'll just be pot luck and artists draw whatever they feel like at the time.  Whichever way it goes there are no complaints from me, obviously :)

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 20 October, 2015, 06:16:14 PM
Fucking hell.
To my eternal shame, as a squaxx and a moderator*, this is the first time I have seen this thread... (I know!)
I now have a severe case of TPO after looking at the past 10 pages. Outstanding work!

Better late than never!  You probably could have waited another year or two before stumbling on this, I think - there's a looooong way to go.  When I started this loony scheme I had very modest intentions and thought I could get it all wrapped up in a year or so.  More fool me.  This has developed a life of its own and I'm as much a passenger as the rest of you, really.

ming

Here's one from a while back that I neglected to post.  Thrilled doesn't begin to cover how I felt when Arthur Ranson agreed to contribute; such a fantastic talent and a real core 2000AD artist for so many years.

Hopefully there'll be a few new things to post before long.

Link Prime

Quote from: ming on 02 December, 2015, 09:44:02 AM
Hopefully there'll be a few new things to post before long.

Keep 'em coming!

Great to see a new piece of work from The Ranson Droid.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

ming

Oooh...

Inks to follow shortly I'm told.

Timothy