Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption

Started by amberkraken, 18 May, 2010, 08:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gav the Mighty

Best Game ever im not even gonna try an find words to do it justice.

The Scenary and whole wild west world is just Beautiful and a much welcomed alternative to the Hustle n Bustle of GTA.. The Inclusion of wildlife is a great touch also.
The Game itself is very easy but who cares ..its all about collecting and free Roaming.

Going back to hustle n bustle ...How great would a Judge Dredd game be if Rockstar did it ??

cruising round the Crime Filled city on lawmaster and other various futuristic machines , missions in the cursed earth ...mutants , various criminals , Fatty Blocks.

amberkraken

This game is amazing! Have been playing it all week as soon as I get in from work!
Gonna need a more powerful gun to take down those bears though! they're tough. Dunno how to take 'em down in one shot. anyone?

mogzilla

Quote from: amberkraken on 11 June, 2010, 03:33:23 PM
This game is amazing! Have been playing it all week as soon as I get in from work!
Gonna need a more powerful gun to take down those bears though! they're tough. Dunno how to take 'em down in one shot. anyone?
i always use dead eye and aim for the noggin.

Satanist

Met my first bear last night and can confirm deadeye + noggin combo works a treat. :)
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Darren Stephens

Ive yet to meet a bear, but I got mugged by a couger the other night. Just as I was getting off my horse...BAM!..Of course, I shot it and skinned the bugger.  :P
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Devons Daddy

Was live, some Yankee teen kept killing me as we approaching the gang hideouts, he did it five times!! I got lucky respawned behind him and beat him to death with fists. Felt s mo good, spent next twenty minutes seating him out and taking out the long barrel with scope. He left the arena.  I was very satified with the payback. Little scrott.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

mogzilla

me 'n darren  had a similar experience we cleared out a settlement and moseyed past a couple of players who waited and shot us in the back! gits... if you want to do that shit go and join a gang shootout not pissing folk off in free roam.

cougars are worse than bears and always travel in packs of three ! i kill the beasties then wait for the others to show before any skinning or they can get you mid skin and theres f. all you can do!

fresno bob

Killing a Grizzly with a knife:not as hard as one would think.
You know why the Professor never got laid on the island, don't you?

Pete Wells

Yeah, I softened the grizzly up with my pistol first then knifed him to get the achievement.  I still can't disarm six blokes without reloading though, and that's all I need to become a legend of the west - grrrr!

James Stacey

Quote from: fresno bob on 15 June, 2010, 12:47:37 AM
Killing a Grizzly with a knife:not as hard as one would think.
Make sure to shout 'Boot Knife' as you do it. Adds to the fun.

I got my 'Dastardly' cheevo last night too :) that was fun.

nev

Quote from: Pete Wells on 15 June, 2010, 08:28:05 AM
I still can't disarm six blokes without reloading though, and that's all I need to become a legend of the west - grrrr!
The only tip I could give, use the Rifle with ten shots, (or a weapon with more) Dead Aim his hand off. That's all I can think of.

amberkraken

using the normal rifle even with dead eye didn't kill it! WTF? ended up using the sniper rifle. that was powerful enough.
Completed it yesterday (noy all the challenges though.
[spoiler]Man that was a brutal ending! I'll replay it at some point and do ll the challenges earlier as I don't like Jack as much.[/spoiler]
Though replay will wait a while, as my house mate got me just cause 2. Hadn't heard of it but looks pretty mental.

Keef Monkey

Don't normally sell on ebay but if anyone loves RDR so much they want a swish deck of Red Dead playing cards I've got a set on ebay at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-DEAD-REDEMPTION-PROMO-PLAYING-CARDS-NEW-SEALED-/200487138782?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_VideoGames_Merchandise_RL&hash=item2eadf6f5de

/spam

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: amberkraken on 22 June, 2010, 12:17:56 PM
[spoiler]Man that was a brutal ending! I'll replay it at some point and do ll the challenges earlier as I don't like Jack as much.[/spoiler]

True true. Epic ending, memorable, really worked for me.

Very cool game all around, even better than Red Dead Revolver, which was a lot of fun at the time.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 27 June, 2010, 07:19:59 PM
Don't normally sell on ebay but if anyone loves RDR so much they want a swish deck of Red Dead playing cards I've got a set on ebay at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-DEAD-REDEMPTION-PROMO-PLAYING-CARDS-NEW-SEALED-/200487138782?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_VideoGames_Merchandise_RL&hash=item2eadf6f5de

/spam

I was very surprised by what those cards went for, which I guess goes to show how into the game people are. I'm eyeballing the rest of my R* merch now and wondering what it would get, although I'd be sad to get rid of any of it. Shopping for a flat with the missus though and the buying/moving will be easier with more money/less tat!