Main Menu

Judge Dredd/Mars Attacks Crossover

Started by Stan, 14 October, 2012, 01:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: James Stacey on 15 October, 2012, 03:01:17 PM
so the cover has no relevance to the comic ? That really is unbelievably shite and callous.

Callous? It's only a comic cover, man. Chill out!

James Stacey

OK maybe callous is the wrong word. Calculating perhaps :) We'd need to ask Commando Forces.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: James Stacey on 15 October, 2012, 03:35:35 PM
OK maybe callous is the wrong word. Calculating perhaps :) We'd need to ask Commando Forces.

That's better!

COMMANDO FORCES

I agree with James and calculating is the kindest way to put it. I didn't read the whole thing when it popped up but just thought I'll buy that and see how the story unfolds! I only found out it was just the cover when Lee posted earlier on here.

I'm disappointed in the way this project seems to be going. I want to read the stories but something like this is the thin edge of the wedge for me. I go back to the way I reacted to the Dredd phone card series 2 and binned that after card 9 due to the company taking the piss!

All I want is for fans to be treated fairly, nothing more, nothing less!

Kanoobi

I love the film Mars Attacks and although I don't have any of the cards etc I like the dark humour that they represent and would have liked to read a Dredd story with the Mars Attacks Martians. That's nice cover art, but a nasty trick methinks, I was excited when I first saw this post. It's a 'Jim Bowen' syndrome: "Let's 'ave a look at what you coulda won!"

Molch-R

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 October, 2012, 03:45:35 PM
All I want is for fans to be treated fairly, nothing more, nothing less!

I'm not sure how this is treating fans 'unfairly' - it's a marketing gimmick and a great way to alert readers to IDW's range of comics, including Dredd. How is that a bad thing?

Stan

Quote from: Lee Bates on 15 October, 2012, 02:50:50 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 October, 2012, 02:39:07 PM
What is the point of that!

To get loads of 2000 AD fans to talk about IDW's new series of crossovers?

I fall for it every time. This being the first.

COMMANDO FORCES

I thought I was going to see Dredd wipe out the Martians :'(

Molch-R

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 October, 2012, 06:17:48 PM

Well, hastily jumping to conclusions and then being disappointed is hardly IDW's fault, now is it ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

JamesC

I'd have loved to have seen Dredd fighting the Martians in Tom Jones block!
I think that's a wonderful cover and if that image is all we get then so be it - great fun!

Skullmo

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 October, 2012, 06:17:48 PM

Dredd would kill them all and then they would have to cancel the Mars Attacks series. They just could not let that happen!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Zanti Misfit

I concur I feel a bit miffed that there's no story to accompany the spiffing cover.  Would loved to have seen martians amok in MC1, giant insects and giant robot-thingies destroying whole blocks, while H-Wagons blast out Slim Whitman's greatest hits.  Oh well, never mind. At least I'm in the mood now to listen to the Mars Attacks! soundtrack CD... :D

opaque

Worked though didn't it.
Certainly worth just buying the variant cover for that lovely piece of artwork.

Mudcrab

It's a great image, there's something fantastic about putting Dredd's serious face up against something really silly, such as various simps over the years/Santa/other silly characters.

As the cards also inspired the superhero cards bit of Marshall Law - Fear & Loathing, Mars Attacks is indeed a splendid thing.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!