Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

Alan always used to sign of his show by reminding us: "If you love someone, tell them before it's too late".

Even though it's a kind of just a catch-phrase, I honestly can't think of any better advice in the world.

ADE

SamuelAWilkinson

Even though it's a kind of just a catch-phrase, I honestly can't think of any better advice in the world.

"Don't eat yellow snow" has always served me in good stead.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Trout

Dave Cockrum.http://www.space.com/entertainment/ap_061129_cockrum_obit.html">

JOE SOAP

>Alan always used to sign of his show by reminding us: "If you love someone, tell them before it's too late".

>Even though it's a kind of just a catch-phrase, I honestly can't think of any better advice in the world.

...unless you're an obsessive stalker.

DavidXBrunt

I thought I'd posted some names yesterday of various recently deceased cult figures such as Jerry G.Bails, Kevin McClory, and Shirley Walker.

I'm rather saddened to add Craig Hinton to that list.

Eric Plumrose

Yikes. Craig was only forty-two.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

I, Cosh

Just heard on the radio that Wiz, the lead singer with Mega City Four has died.

They weren't my favourite band, but they were of a kind with The Senseless Things in that they made me smile and they were always a lot of fun to see live.
We never really die.

Dan Kelly

yeah - died at 44.  No age at all...

Met him once, top bloke and all that...

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Finding out about Wiz depresses the hell outta me... Will be playing Tanzphobia a lot more now...

Finn Sin

johnnystress

shame

"Former Mega City Four singer Darren "Wiz" Brown died from a blood clot on the brain on December 6, 2006.
He was taken ill at a rehearsal earlier in the week and died Wednesday afternoon at St Georges Hospital, Tooting, South London.
Wiz, 44, was living and working in Farnborough, Hants. He had just finished writing material for an album for his current band Ipanema and returned from a successful tour in America.
With his guitarist brother Danny, bassist Gerry Bryant and drummer Chris Jones, the band released 6 studio albums between 1989 and 1996 and achieved success as a live touring band travelling the world."

Wils

Madonna's new coat.

http://www.seniorennet.be/Images/Huisdieren/Chinchillas/chinchilla.jpg">

Pete Wells

Pinochet's dead!http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/38/Augusto_Pinochet_official_portrait.jpg/160px-Augusto_Pinochet_official_portrait.jpg">

Bico

It's a toss-up between Wils and Pete Wells' comments - I don't know which made me laugh more.

After all the sadness in this thread at the passing of fondly-remembered clebs (or in Gary Wilkinson's case, the passing of complete strangers), it's great to finally see the likes of Pinochet pop his clogs.
It makes me a horrible human being, but he really did have it coming, and it's a pity he lasted this long.
Just that cunt (beloved of student wankers everywhere, and the talent and wit vacuum that is post-Edwards MSP) Castro to go and I can have a good christmas.

Carlsborg Expert

Pinochet... sound a bit like chinchilla.not

Bico

They are nonetheless united in death.