Main Menu

Hitmen, Black Holes and Mrs Anderson's Little Girl

Started by 2000AD Online, 17 May, 2005, 11:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Robo-Hunter: Day of the Droids
By John Wagner, Alan Grant & Ian Gibson

The metal mafia are gunning for Robo-Hunter Sam Slade in the latest collection of his action-packed adventures, and as if that wasn't bad enough he's also been saddled with an idiotic understudy in the shape of Hoagy! Also includes 'The Beast of Blackheart Manor', as Sam is embroiled in murder most foul in Brit-Cit!

DC/Rebellion
?10.99

ABC Warriors: The Black Hole
By Pat Mills, Simon Bisley & SMS

Nemesis the Warlock's son Thoth has wreaked havoc in Termight's Black Hole Control Room, threatening to destabilise the entire galaxy, and so ex-war robots the ABC Warriors have been sent into the Time Wastes to repair the damage and prevent the end of time!

DC/Rebellion
?8.99

Sinister Dexter: Slay Per View
By Dan Abnett, Andy Clarke, Sean Phillips, Greg Staples & Steve Yeowell

More whack-happy antics from Downlode's premier hitmen, as Sinister and Dexter face off against London's most feared gangsters Jack and 'Arold Daws, Finnigan catches up with his estranged wife, and Ramone believes himself to be notorious serial killer the Blevmoi Butcher!

DC/Rebellion
?14.99

Judge Anderson: Anderson, Psi-Division
By John Wagner, Alan Grant, Brett Ewins & Barry Kitson

Top Mega-City telepath Judge Cassandra Anderson must once more go up against the four Dark Judges as well demonic occultists and Sov agents in this collection of classic stories!

DC/Rebellion
?11.99

Link: Tharg's Newsround

The Amstor Computer

The Good:

More website promotion of the books. Cheers, Matt!

The Bad:

Where are Lobster Random & Carver Hale? They've been advertised online for the past month, and they were supposed to be available this week, but there's still no sign of them.

Since I apparently can't buy them from anywhere else, I'm tied to waiting for them to be added to the Future Shop. At least with the Rebellion/DC books, I can buy from Amazon or another retailer...

Grant Goggans

I'm curious whether anyone's getting this press out beyond this website.  Surely Newsarama, Comicon and CBR run press releases.  This should be sent to them, along with contact information should the sites desire an interview with any of the creators.

--Grant

The Amstor Computer

Grant --

I don't think so. As far as I can tell, the only advertising these books get is on this website and - occasionally - in the prog and Meg. Apart from the initial Rebellion/DC announcement and the news about the deal ending, there's been nothing else online - or in any of the trade press I've read.

And yes, most online comic sites will run press releases - in fact, reprinting press releases is pretty much what constitutes comics reporting online...

Wake

Where are Lobster Random & Carver Hale?

Matt sent me the shop details for Lobster Random and Carver Hale along with the DC/Rebellion press release. I just need to get stock codes for them to put them in the shop.

Cheers,

Wake

The Amstor Computer

Cool - any idea when you'll get the stock codes? Thanks for the info, Wake.

Artificial Idiot

Excellent! Avidly looking forward to everything except the Sin/Dex collection!

The Amstor Computer

I wouldn't write off that Sin/Dex collection (unless you absolutely loathe them, of course) as it's got some pretty good stories in it. It's certainly an improvement on the first two - very patchy - volumes.

Artificial Idiot

Well, I never actually picked up the first two volumes, as Sin/Dex has failed to really impress me and make an imprint in the prog (which even Slaine as managed to do in my short time reading, albeit only recently) so I've had no real reason to pick up the trades... Yet.

The Amstor Computer

Well, if all you've read of Sin/Dex is the stuff that's been in the prog over the past couple of years, I don't blame you for not picking up the trades!

It's probably worth flipping through a copy of either "Murder 101" or "Slay Per View" (volumes 2 and 3 respectively) because they show off Sin/Dex when it was still quite fun, and when it actually had decent artists working on it regularly.

Artificial Idiot

That would require actually finding a copy first though! *shock*

DavidXBrunt

Sorry, but in recent yearsthe majority of Sin Dex has been drawn by Simon Davis, Steve Roberts, Andy Clarke, and Steve Yeowell. If that's not the very definition of 'decent artists working on it regularly' I don't know what is.

The Amstor Computer

Actually, you're entirely right, DXB.

I've just looked back over the credits for the past couple of years, and it seems my memory was playing tricks on me when it came to artists who've illustrated the strip, so I'll happily take that comment back.

No change on my comment about the quality of the strip, though ;-)

Wake

Lobster Random and Carver Hale are now both in the Future Shop.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: https://secure.2000adonline.com/secure/?PageRequired=shop&Level=2&Category=BOOKS&SubCategory=GN" target="_blank">Rebellion Graphic Novels

The Amstor Computer

Cheers, Wake - I've just ordered both. Hopefully they'll arrive soon!