Main Menu

Sony's death wish?

Started by Wils, 27 May, 2006, 11:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Am I the only person who doesn't care about lack of rumble on the Dual Shock 3? When I first heard about it, I was actually a bit pleased.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tex Hex

Satanist -I heard this rumour too. But you're in the glasgow area too right? Probably heard it off the same guy...

-hex

Satanist

Bloke down the pub told me...so it must be true!

;-D
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Tex Hex

Are you kidding?  Err, I think I had a rant about this down the pub to some guy...

-hex

scutfink

Prescott is 'Right for the job'?

Oh wait, i gwet it it's some kind of spoof, right?

:)

Jim_Campbell

"Black is indeed great.. even more so in 720P on the 360."

This, as Midge Ure once sang, means nothing to me ...

However, give me more shootykilldeathaction than you can shake an AK47 at, and I'm happy.

Puzzle solving? Role playing? Any game where you have to make fucking _notes_ to keep track of where you've been and what you've done and what relevance any of it has? Fuck off.

Shootykilldeathaction. Oh, yes.

Alternatively, thumpykickfacefighting will do me. Old fart that I am, I still haven't come across a beat 'em up that entertains me as much as Tekken 3 ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bico

I'd go for the PS3, then.  I thought the 360 would be reliable on the shooty-shooty front at least, but the pig-ugly graphics and gameplay of Perfect Dark Zero made me feel like the purchase of the machine itself was a waste.  I actually dug out Mace Griffin and played that instead.

I, Cosh

There was something in the papers along the same lines either earlier this year or late last year. At that time, it was the publishing houses who were complaining about walking into Game and seeing their new games on sale for half the price.

I think the thought that somebody can walk into a second hand record shop, purchase a prefectly legitimate copy of - say - Madonna's Greatest Hits and they don't get a pennyiss probably something that keeps executives of all media companies awake at night (well, when they're not fulminating at the thought of teenage file-sharing networks stealing the cornflakes from their offspring's gold-encrusted bowls.)

And wasn't the rootkit thing only in the US?
We never really die.

The Amstor Computer

Yeah, but Perfect Dark Zero was Rare & it stunk like most of their recent titles. Hold off for stuff like Gears of War before jumping off the 360 shooty-shooty action bandwagon.

To be honest, if you bought a 360 not long after it launched I'm not surprised you thought it was a waste - high defect rates, duff port-ups from current-gen, bland exclusive titles... It's only now that the system is getting any interesting games, and it's going to be a while yet before the real showcase exclusives turn up. Poor launch all round, IMO.

I, Cosh

Then I meant to add that surely that's partly what the desire for advanced DRM in next-generation media (limiting the number of devices a given copy can be played on and so forth) is about.

To summarise: they're all a bunch of Cretinous Useless Negligible Tossers, as Mr Agreeable had it.
We never really die.

Something Fishy

"I'd go for the PS3, then. I thought the 360 would be reliable on the shooty-shooty front at least, but the pig-ugly graphics and gameplay of Perfect Dark Zero made me feel like the purchase of the machine itself was a waste. I actually dug out Mace Griffin and played that instead."

Have you tried GRAW to see how it can look and play?