Main Menu

"I da Arrttt!"

Started by Quirkafleeg, 11 May, 2003, 07:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

Currently reading a book about the conversion of the Bankside Power Station in the Tate Modern Art Gallery (as you do) and it mentions in passing that parts of the Judge Dredd movie were shot there back when it was semi-derelict.

Anybody got any further details?

Quirkafleeg

"I am da Arrrtttt!"

sigh

GordonR

Blimey, that's a strange one.

It's difficult to think of anything in the Dredd movie that couldn't have been done more easily on a studio-built set.

The stupid 'flame tunnel' Dredd and Fergie ran along. maybe?  It was the most industrial-looking thing in the film.

The interiors or exteriors in the opening Block War scene?

Richmond Clements

I reckon, if you'll forgive me GR, that it might be the Angel Gang hideout. But I'm just guessing too.

karne

Embarrassed as I may be to admit I know a bit about the Dredd movie, I can tell you that it was the interior sequences of Aspen prison. Now excuse me while I hang my fan-boy head in shame.

Richmond Clements

Don't be ashamed, you are among friends here.

I'm sure we all carry some sad fanboy fact in our heads that would result in a good kicking from normal people if ever revealed.

karne

The exterior Cursed Earth scenes were filmed in Iceland (the country, not the frozen food outlet), and film of the angel gang at Shepperton was matched to the footage.

The interior Angel Gang and flame tunnel shots were filmed at Shepperton studios. Oh my eternal shame!

Richmond Clements

You can stop at any time now...

I knew the Iceland bit... maybe they would have been better filmed in the shop.

karne

"Don't be ashamed"

karne

Hey! Where did the rest of my post go?

karne

And why has it gone bold?

karne

He! I guess it thinks it's James T. Kirk.

karne

That's weird, It looks okay now.

Anyway, I was just saying how I should be extremely ashamed of myself considering I dislike the Dredd film. Think of all the useful information I could hold in my head instead of that.

karne

Nope it's still bold and what's worse is I'm starting to look like a certain banned boarder who's famous for rambling on about Dredd movies and replying in multiple fashion to his own posts.

Bart Oliver

(hopes..) bold off.
Obviously you're not a golfer.