Main Menu

On telly this week

Started by Emperor, 24 December, 2011, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 October, 2012, 07:30:14 PM
Here's one for Small Blue Thing - "Horror Europa" with Mark Gatiss, Tue 9pm BBC4 - a follow up to his history of horror, this time focussing on euro-gore, including an interview with Dario Argento

One for the reminder button.

Link Prime

How good was Ep 1 of 'American Horror Story: Asylum'????
My skepticism about making this an anthology-by-season show was completely unfounded.
Acting, script & production values far surpassing most Hollywood horror fare- a few months of good TV ahead methinks.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 October, 2012, 07:30:14 PM
Here's one for Small Blue Thing - "Horror Europa" with Mark Gatiss, Tue 9pm BBC4 - a follow up to his history of horror, this time focussing on euro-gore, including an interview with Dario Argento

Really enjoyed this, very interesting and some great interviews too. Definitely going to try and track down his history of horror.

Frank

Paul Thomas Anderson might be The Master, but he was an apprentice once. His sophomore work, Hard Eight, with great performances from PTA regulars like Philip Baker Hall, John C Reilly and Philip Seymour Hoffman is on Film Four at 10pm.

Spikes

TordelBack

Blimey, a double bill of Masterchef: The Professionals and Dara O'Brian's Science Club (terrible name, but surprisingly diverting) on BBC2.  That's more telly than I've watched in years, and coming after the superb Alice Roberts trilogy last week I believe I am favourably disposed to the medium again.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 November, 2012, 10:00:59 PM
Blimey, a double bill of Masterchef: The Professionals and Dara O'Brian's Science Club (terrible name, but surprisingly diverting) on BBC2.  That's more telly than I've watched in years, and coming after the superb Alice Roberts trilogy last week I believe I am favourably disposed to the medium again.

And then Soundgarden on Jools Holland. It as fairly cheered me up after a day with the black dog!

TordelBack

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 06 November, 2012, 10:08:07 PMIt as fairly cheered me up after a day with the black dog!

You really should look into a dog-walking service.   ;)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 November, 2012, 10:16:25 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 06 November, 2012, 10:08:07 PMIt as fairly cheered me up after a day with the black dog!

You really should look into a dog-walking service.   ;)

So many jokes, so little time..!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Attenborough is on BBC2 talking about making Nature Documentaries.
You may quote me on that.

Frank

Derren Brown's going to make you believe in the existence of God after the adverts on C4.

Frank

Two part Rolling Stones documentary starts on BBC2 at 22:15, and Uncle Boonmee ... is on C4 shortly afterwards. Boonmee's got at least three scenes (mostly involving the ghost monkey) you don't want not to see, but the longeurs in-between those and the fish sex sequence mean it's one for the DTV recorder and the fast forward button.

I, Cosh

Quote from: sauchie on 17 November, 2012, 07:44:45 PM
Uncle Boonmee ... is on C4 shortly afterwards. Boonmee's got at least three scenes (mostly involving the ghost monkey) you don't want not to see, but the longeurs in-between those and the fish sex sequence mean it's one for the DTV recorder and the fast forward button.
Nice one. I'd completely forgotten about this so will need to record it. Replace "fish sex" with "staring out a tiger" and you have a pretty good summary of Tropical Malady which my girlfriend fell asleep during.
We never really die.

Spikes

The dark charisma of Adolf Hitler has just finished on BBC2, so if you missed it check it out on the i-player. After a slow-ish start last week, things really grab in this weeks episode. Concluding part next week.

I, Cosh

Mildly amusingly, Virgin's caption team have managed to confuse Michael Haneke's grim Euro-drama Hidden with Kyle MacLachlan's fun alien dog-kissing extravaganza The Hidden.
We never really die.