Main Menu

On telly this week

Started by Emperor, 24 December, 2011, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

I've seen all that ddd and whereas it does reach a bit of a "where are they actually going with this?" plateau I'd ultimately say it's worth sticking with, there are some truly spectacularly awkward moments further on and it reaches quite a strong finish :D

Also good to point out - a few of its episodes are written/directed by bonafide comedygods Phil Lord & Chris Miller of Lego Movie, 21 & 22 Jump Street, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs & Clone High. I've followed them for yonks and they rarely disappoint.

Dandontdare

Cheers CFM - I'll stick with it!

ThryllSeekyr

Watched this episode of Criminal Minds late last night that the barely recognisable Tim Curry[/b[ as this serial killer who was eventually caught and dealt with.

He had kidnaped the daughter of cop, one of the men who his mother had let molest him when he was boy and so he thought he eventually killing spree of random murders after being released for shooting his own mother. Who might have molested him herself, but I only saw her dancing with him under a tree in almost fairy tale like flash back that were as almost annoying as the commercial break in any show before there was cable television.

BTW who was his mother, is very hot looking and certainly wouldn't be complaining about her molesting me, but I would still have issues about the other stuff. Like with letting the strange men come into my room at night to do the same and the being told to go to my room all the time.

It wasn't until I woke up this morning, that I started to imagine a parallel.....

Gees, I finish this later....

COMMANDO FORCES

I think this is definitely one of your best posts yet.

Satanist

Did he just stop mid post for a wank?   :o
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Hawkmumbler

When you gotta egg one out...

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Satanist on 14 August, 2015, 09:17:05 AM

You know I do have a life out side of this forum and wanking...you know :p

TordelBack

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 16 August, 2015, 04:30:14 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 14 August, 2015, 09:17:05 AM

You know I do have a life out side of this forum and wanking...you know :p

Yeah yeah, that's what we all say.. 

Dandontdare

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 August, 2015, 12:40:40 PM
watched the first two episodes of Last Man on Earth last night - Will Forte plays the lone survivor of a global plague, wandering America looting museums, talking to mannequins and generally fartin' about - then he meets Kristen Schal. Two brilliant leads, and very funny, but I wonder how they will sustain it over a full season (and a second apparently)

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 11 August, 2015, 05:42:35 PM
I've seen all that ddd and whereas it does reach a bit of a "where are they actually going with this?" plateau I'd ultimately say it's worth sticking with, there are some truly spectacularly awkward moments further on and it reaches quite a strong finish :D

Gotta say, the wedding night sex scene in episode 3 is one of the funniest things I've seen in ages!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 13 August, 2015, 11:26:33 PM

Watched this episode of Criminal Minds late last night that the barely recognisable Tim Curry[/b[ as this serial killer who was eventually caught and dealt with.

He had kidnaped the daughter of cop, one of the men who his mother had let molest him when he was boy and so he thought he eventually killing spree of random murders after being released for shooting his own mother. Who might have molested him herself, but I only saw her dancing with him under a tree in almost fairy tale like flash back that were as almost annoying as the commercial break in any show before there was cable television.

BTW who was his mother, is very hot looking and certainly wouldn't be complaining about her molesting me, but I would still have issues about the other stuff. Like with letting the strange men come into my room at night to do the same and the being told to go to my room all the time.

It wasn't until I woke up this morning, that I started to imagine a parallel.....

Gees, I finish this later....

Nothing more to say here, except that parts of this remind me of Game of Thrones, you know that Stark girl must have been kidnapped by serial-killer. Why didn't Frankenfurter get that gig in the mini-series,. Aside from the fact that this isn't cannon,  but that's never stopped those that adapt these serial from a bit more creativity while still acknowledging enough of the plot and characters so that avid fans of the original novels will still recognise what they are watching.

I still think GOT is a over elaborate rip off of Slaine ever since the Khlassis's Dragonheist escape from that arena. Even my older brother told me - Words to the effect - this is as close to Slaine as you will ever see on the any television screen.

Speaking of which,  Tim Curry would have made a great Ukko. I could almost imagine the dwarf who share's the same mischevious grin (Providing you choose version of this character has full set of his own choppers!) and it turns out he does sound very well educated after messing with his statue using CGI and forced perspective.   

If only he recovers from the stroke first suffered some years earlier. Right now, he's confined to a wheelchair and looks even further most unlike his former self. I won't put up any more pictures.

Yu can find out the rest via Google or cable television.

Oh, and what I said about a police man messing around with him (Not in real life, but in that Criminal Show!) when he was young. Probably rubbish, but a excellent twist to the plot. The cop looked much younger than Tim, so impossible and to that young forensic cop, with the tassled hair and carries on in annoying technical babble.....

He's worthy of being lampooned for that!

ThryllSeekyr

Started watching these within the last month....

Based on series of books of called Women of the Otherworld where the stories called Bitten are only a part of. This about a women who is bitten by a werewolf and you can probably guess the rest.  The actress was also in another show called Haven and known as Skin-Walker which is kind of similar. They're both shape-shifters and she was in the V remake as the Lizard-Queen's daughter. Look great, but creepy.

Sorry to miss the first few episodes, including the last one. Damn power out-ages.

Missed the first two episode of this one as well and from where I picked it up, it looks like follows the film very closely, but with some more bells and whistles. Some characters are younger and not so well known and others just look better than the original ones. The brother who looks like he took the place of Quentin Tarrantino has some occult power and appears more experienced with women, but still murders them and the Priest/Dad is more a grizzled Robert -T1000 - Patrick. I just don't get it, because it seems like Terminator Two was just yesterday. Even with the other films that came after it. Last episode was when they hijacked their RV from dropping in on their hotel room.  Despite it's obvious appeal, I find it hard to keep my eyes peeled while watching.

This is good, and more atmospheric than Hell on Wheels (Which I stopped watching after the season where the Swed escaped Jo Bohannan's impromptu execution. Something he did himself when their roles were reversed earlier on.) where you can see the heated dust rise and billow in the wind. Even though I was never at the aftermath of the battle of the Alamo. The lighting looks like it's in stark contrast to what was used in films like Gladiator and 300.  Yet, yous may not get that the same way I did. This has a great well known cast of....

Bill Paxton, - Game over, Game over......

Ray Liotta, - Well Known Good Fella, who will be hard to recognise under the beard and dirt.

Thomas Jane, Punisher, but you know that!

Crispin Clover, MC Fly Senior and the Thin Man.

Brendon Fraser George of the Jungle.

Kris Kristofferson Abraham Whistler, and the Duck from Convoy. (At
least I think he was, I just can't find anything there!)

Missed the very first showing of this, because of the same stupid power outage and caught up with it again last night. Watch most of it  and want o see the first episode again before the second one tomorrow night.

amines2058

This should be 'NOT on telly this week', as just found out that Reeves & Mortimer's House of Fools has been cancelled. Boo.... Hiss..... rubbish  :( :( :'(

CrazyFoxMachine

:'( It is terribly sad - I think they should do that Catterick web series they were talking about years ago:

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2005/08/24/518/vics_comeback

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: amines2058 on 25 August, 2015, 02:13:57 PM
This should be 'NOT on telly this week', as just found out that Reeves & Mortimer's House of Fools has been cancelled. Boo.... Hiss..... rubbish  :( :( :'(

Well I loved it (despite initial bemusment) but it's not a surprise really. It's about as divisive as telly gets, surely!
@jamesfeistdraws

CrazyFoxMachine

I wonder will they ever get sick of being canned by the Beeb and take their stuff elsewhere - they did those (fairly uneven but occasionally inspired) Foster's Comedy bits on Youtube and also a strange pilot for Channel 4 that was a slightly fresher Shooting Stars (only this survives)...