Main Menu

SHORT STORY COMP RESULTS - "ALL ABOUT THE DIALOGUE"

Started by Bad City Blue, 16 May, 2017, 11:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

I was VERY impressed with some of the entries this time round.

A good comp idea that brought out creativity and humour, plus a smidge of horror.

Anyway, the winner is:

JIM CAMPBELL!

Well done Jim, PM me if you fancy a 2000AD GN for your efforts!

Really need a few more votes in this comp, it's getting embarrassing again. Anyway, ANDY LAMBERT also gets a GN as he was picked as the random voter. Again, PM me to claim the prize.

Here's the winner:

Another Day At Mega-City One Customs

"You, there. YOU! Creep with with the beret and the stripy flak-jak."

"Me, m'sieur?"

"YOU. You see anyone else with... are those onions round your neck?"

"Oui, m'sieur. Zis is mon, 'ow you say, national dress."

"Whatever. Open the case. Slowly."

"As you wish, m'sieur."

"These things. They bananas?"

"Oui, m'sieur."

"Don't look bendy enough to me. What else we got here? Looks like a whole bunch of contraband. We got tape, red, lots of it. Some kind of agricultural policy... looks suspiciously common to me. Whole bunch of notions here... let's see... workers' rights, environmental protection, freedom of movement.

"As I suspected. All of 'em dangerous. We don't allow any of this across our borders. You're looking at some serious time, punk. Got anything to say in your defence?"

"But... but... zis is very normal back in Euro-Cit. No one would, 'ow you say, bat ze eyelid at any of zese things!"

"You been in cryo for the last year, creep? This is Mega-City One. The cits voted for Mexit. Most of 'em would be happy if I put a couple rounds into your garlic-loving brain pan. Think yourself lucky you're only getting cube time.

"Ten years! Harvey -- take le creep away."

++AFFIRMATIVE. WELCOME TO THE CITY, WHINING EUROPHILE SPUG-HEAD.++

"For a droid, he's picking this up remarkably quickly."

++ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE! UNDERMINER OF MEXIT! THE SENTENCE IS INSUFFICIENT!++

BRAKKA BRAKKA BRRRRAK!

"Remarkably quickly."
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

The Legendary Shark

Well done, Jim and Andy.

I wonder when/if we'll ever get a Tharg's choice in this comp? *sighs dreamily*

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Eamonn Clarke

Congratulations. Jim's story was great

Well done all entrants and hat tip to BCB for herding us cats.

Andy Lambert

Oh that's brilliant - thank you so much!
And congrats to Jim on his win! :)

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Jim_Campbell

Blimey. Thanks, all!

I must apologise for not voting — I've been absolutely inundated with work, so I only had time for a very quick scan down the entries in the voting thread, intending to go back and read them all properly in order to pick favourites, but people just keep wanting their bloody comics lettered!

From my shamefully perfunctory scan, it was a strong field and I'm chuffed to have won! :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Timothy

Jacqusie

Good work everyone, tough assignment I thought, so well done.

If we have a comp over the summer, I'll try and get the quill and ink pot out again after my exams.

jabish

Congrats Jim and I add my own apologies for not voting I've been away with work. Mea Culpa. Great stories and a really great idea for the comp. Thanks a mill BCB. I enjoy reading the entries every time.  :)

Best

JB