Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modern Panther

Why is Peter Hitchins on my television every bloody sunday morning.  Why isn't he in church?

Richmond Clements

JamesC

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 20 July, 2014, 12:09:55 PM
It knows EVERYTHING. http://en.akinator.com/

I almost killed it with Johnny Alpha. The first time it guessed Barry Trotter and when I said it was wrong and tried to continue it crashed.
I tried again and after one wrong guess of Ben Hope it finally got there with Johnny.

JamesC

It nailed Captain Birdseye in about 15 questions!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: JamesC on 20 July, 2014, 12:17:48 PM

I almost killed it with Johnny Alpha. The first time it guessed Barry Trotter and when I said it was wrong and tried to continue it crashed.
I tried again and after one wrong guess of Ben Hope it finally got there with Johnny.

Ah, interesting - it never got Johnny Alpha when I tried. But it did get Cheradenine Zakalwe.

Frank

Took a second round of questions to nail Johnny Briggs. It was the Does Your Character Wear A Gold Belt? question that really narrowed it down. Impressive.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 20 July, 2014, 12:23:24 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 20 July, 2014, 12:17:48 PM

Ah, interesting - it never got Johnny Alpha when I tried.

Did you confuse it by answering yes to "is he real?"

It found judge Dredd, Bill Shatner and William of Orange easily enough but after 25 questions had a stab at "your own character" before asking a few more and successfully reaching Tharg.

JayzusB.Christ

Beat the bastard with Nasir from off of Robin of Sherwood.  Fair play to me.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

CrazyFoxMachine

Didn't there used to be a far more effective version of that somewhere? It couldn't even get McNulty from The Wire...

I, Cosh

It had no trouble with Nemesis and Case from out of Neuromancer.
We never really die.

Third Estate Ned

Case from Neuromancer is what I beat it with about a month ago and I had to type it in at the end, so maybe I helped him out there.

Dandontdare

This is addictive, I keep going back to it. It found Tom Bombadil after 17 questions and Louis Wu after 25 (quite impressed with that one).

I tried a really easy one (The Queen) to see just how quickly it could guess, and I thought it would guess after Q:6 (Does her face appear on British money?), but it still wasn't sure so asked "does she have long flowing hair? "- who the hell else could it have been thinking of?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 July, 2014, 05:02:10 PM
I tried a really easy one (The Queen) to see just how quickly it could guess, and I thought it would guess after Q:6 (Does her face appear on British money?), but it still wasn't sure so asked "does she have long flowing hair? "- who the hell else could it have been thinking of?
Florence Nightingale?
Britannia?
Mary Slessor?
We never really die.

Dandontdare

It had already established that she was a living female member of the British Royal family by that point!

Fungus

Sounds like showboating.