Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 11 February, 2024, 08:55:19 AMGot COVID.

Uuurrggghhh. I'm glad I'm vaccinated up because if this is what it feels like with a readied immune system I dread how insufferable it would have been without.
My dietary palette shall be of a liquid persuasion for the time being, I fear.

Wish you'd mentioned that before I got in a lift with you today!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 February, 2024, 08:08:29 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 11 February, 2024, 08:55:19 AMGot COVID.

Uuurrggghhh. I'm glad I'm vaccinated up because if this is what it feels like with a readied immune system I dread how insufferable it would have been without.
My dietary palette shall be of a liquid persuasion for the time being, I fear.

Wish you'd mentioned that before I got in a lift with you today!

I know that was my bad mate, I didn't even want to come into the office today but power was cut to the flat for maintenance and planning refused to grant me a sick day, word of a disciplinary.
Just another thing to hack me off today, I got complacent there and that was my mistake. :/

The Legendary Shark

I eat a clove of garlic every morning (yet another reason why I have no friends...) and the last really debilitating shivery-cold-sweaty-achy-dizzy-"please-God-let-me-die" 'flu I had was in early February 2019 (and before that in my pre-teens). Since then, I've just had a handful of minor sniffles - apart from the problems with the arteries in my legs, of course, and knocking lumps off myself with various tools and species of flora. Maybe the garlic is helping and maybe it isn't but I'll keep on with it anyway even if it is just the placebo effect.

My best wishes to everyone who's suffering, I hope you shake it off soon and forever.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Tested negative two days on the trot, phew, must have had a weak strain on the virus.

What a relief.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

My plan for Sunday was to keg/bottle a batch of pilsner. Turns out I forgot to pitch the yeast. So I spent my Sunday disposing of a manky mouldy mess.

With no pint at the end.
You may quote me on that.

Dandontdare

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 03 March, 2024, 09:07:41 PMMy plan for Sunday was to keg/bottle a batch of pilsner. Turns out I forgot to pitch the yeast. So I spent my Sunday disposing of a manky mouldy mess.

With no pint at the end.

Aw, man.  Reminds me of when my sister's partner was planning to start a craft beer business and took a few bottles to my folks' house for market research - half of them erupted like vesuvius when opened and ended up all over the carpet. He never went into the craft beer business.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Been trying to mount a TV in the living room of the flat for about a week now. Established where two wall studs where located either side of a trio of outlets (four times three pin, ethernet etc), confirmed cables did not run up the studs and said studs where in fact concrete (external wall) courtesy of the property developer. Even got a few t-bolt wall anchors to help carry the distribution across the rest of the frame.
Started drilling...NOT CONCRETE STUDS! Steel ones instead! I wont trust hanging solelely on dry wall anchors so that was a huge waste of my time and money. Fortunately nothing a bit of wall filler and a roll of white paint wont set straight but properly soured my mood nonetheless.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on Today at 03:03:42 PMBeen trying to mount a TV in the living room ...

Maybe buy it dinner first...?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me