Main Menu

Recent posts

Off Topic / Re: “Truth? You can't handle t...
Last post by Jade Falcon - Today at 11:52:04 PM
And this is the country that will lecture other countries on morals, and how to act correctly.

And yes, I know this is universal.
Creative Common / Re: Does my Art look big in th...
Last post by Hoagy - Today at 11:46:26 PM

Role reversal! Anderson and Dredd? Have a jolly end to your Friday evening woncha?
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by paulbyrnewex - Today at 11:31:47 PM
From experience its common to get "the collection is finished in two issues" then in the last issue it's the "it's been extended leaflet" but Star Trek was supposed to get another 20 but sales declined so it was ended.

So who knows?
Last post by Jade Falcon - Today at 10:31:52 PM
To be honest, if they did end it at 180 I don't think by now I would be that bothered.  This extension is good, but shelf space and fatigue is becoming a problem
Creative Common / Re: Does my Art look big in th...
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 10:05:25 PM
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 08:48:52 PM
Quote from: castle4 on Today at 08:24:10 PMSo, standard smoke and mirrors, or unexpected development?!

It might be someone that doesn't know. I was watching someone give a presentation on UX the other day, that didn't know what UX stood for. Fun presentation.
Last post by castle4 - Today at 08:24:10 PM
Contacted Hatchette on a subscription issue today as my monthly delivery has been delayed (175/176), and took the opportunity to ask when the spine art for the final 20 volumes would be released and was told the Collection was ending with 180. I replied that was surprising as 2000ad had announced the Final extension back in December 2023, and enclosed a link. This is the reply I then received:

We are now planning on 180 issues for this collection, but again we would like to confirm that the publishers are able to continue a collection at any time, this means that in months time they might decide to extend it, or they might finish it at 180. If there is any extension, all our customers will be informed.

So, standard smoke and mirrors, or unexpected development?!

Looking back at the Dec announcement, all of the promotional art and titles have already been released in the past few months, with the exception of the Order, but still two volumes to be revealed.
Last post by Shakira? Shakara! - Today at 07:53:20 PM
Happy to say, my Hachette delivery turned up intact and undamaged, so the elusive Armoured Gideon volume is ready to be homed. Once I find some more shelf space!

A quick flick through, it looks ace. Prog 676 was my very first 2000ad, so the big guy is someone I have a lot of nostalgia for, as he was one of the strips in my debut Prog. However, I wasn't sure I necessarily wanted to re-read it knowing how badly some of the strips around that time period have aged (I was genuinely upset how little I cared for Time Flies when I re-read it. I knew volume 2 wasn't great, but I remembered the first book being a lot of fun when it was first published. It has not aged well at all). The positive comments on here, plus seeing Simon Jacobs (and a splash of late era Mike White and early era Sean Phillips) terrific art again, has more than convinced me I made the right choice grabbing this one before it was too late.

I know it's unlikely to happen, and there's not enough material to fill a volume on it's own, but I'd really like to see Brigand Doom get a reprint. Otherwise I might have to dig out the Progs for a re-read. Another one I enjoyed at the time, but wonder if it's aged well, or like a fine milk.
Off Topic / Re: This is the News!
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 07:14:43 PM
Prog / Re: Prog 2381: A grizzly fate
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 06:44:14 PM
In a brutal calculus, Dredd was correct in his choice of cadet. He survived, after all.

I'm calling this one of the strongest Dredd stories ever. Tragic, yes, but I'm not following the notion that it somehow shouldn't be allowed, or has broken any rules of character or setting.