Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICONIC_TM

My Name is Earl, Number 239, Made A Kid Scared Of The Boogeyman! :lol:

Mardroid

I've got a whole bunch of comics lately to read through.

TordelBack

Spent a rare kid-free day doing a long series of small fiddly technical tasks for various family members (father, mother, father-in-law) and former colleagues, all which of which were shades of frustrating and most of which involved me writing '2011' as the date at some point, but on completion I find myself immensely satisfied by how much got done.  Finished up and made it home for 2am to find a delicious spicy chicken stew and homemade wine waiting for me courtesy of my lovely wife, and am now replete and heading for bed, a solid 4 hours sleep before the usual pre-dawn sprogageddon. 

Helped remind myself that these are very much the good years.

ICONIC_TM

When you find more than one gherkin slice in a tub of rollmops

ICONIC_TM

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

ICONIC_TM

Gonk

..of Katherine Jenkins...phwoooar roooowaaaaarrrr

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Gonk

::) :lol: what other one? how did you know I was also on the Playschool forum?

ICONIC_TM

When You Find A Transformers Dark Of The Moon Mechtech Leader Class Ironhide For £21.00 In
Tesco`s  :)

Gonk

moggy turned up this morning after 3 days missing.

TordelBack

Quote from: wonkychop on 21 January, 2012, 06:48:53 AM
moggy turned up this morning after 3 days missing.

Cats treat our affections like a particularly wriggly fieldmouse. 

Gonk

I've asked Tiddles about this :

Q : "Are you playing with my heart?"

A : "Mrkgnao!"

I'll have the little devil micro -chipped.

There's a good idea for a t.v programme. Place a tiny camera somewhere on a cat, and see just what the hell they get up to when they go out!

TordelBack

The cafés surrounding the library where I do a lot of my work have gradually been closing one by one over the past few years, forcing me to use the nearby very-reasonable County Council canteen for essential breaks when the ringtones, burgers and snogging got too much. 

For the last 6 months I haven't even been to afford that, so huddling with a flask of restorative coffee in doorways has been my lot until this week.  Okay in the summer, but January, ack.  But now the way-too-expensive caf in the nearby arts centre has closed (which is sad, it was lovely, and the staff were great), and been replaced with a 'drop-in space', which has self service half-decent coffee for an honour-system 'suggested donation' of €1, good square tables, powerpoints and free fast WiFi.  There's also a pleasant flow of kids coming and going from dance lessons, gallery exhibits being loaded and unloaded, and bands thumping away tunelessly on the floors above, which is exactly the kind of white noise I like to keep my 'mind' ticking over.  I find myself splitting my work over the two spaces now, library and arts centre, depending on whether I need my phone on, or need to spread my gear out.

I know it's only a matter of time before it's abused out of existence (and I may be guilty of that too), but it's a great service, and for now it's made my office-less attempts to get old work finished up and secure some new paying work infinitely more comfortable, and affordable.