Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Bloody hell Pete! Thank Grud nobody was more seriously injured. I hope you have a speedy recovery with the ribs mate.

And best wishes Steev, sounds like you're having a rough time of it. I feel certain however, that a man of your calibre will prevail in the face of such adversity. <stirring martial music, strike heroic pose and gaze into distance like man in cardigan section of Gratton's catalogue>

Kev Levell

Bloody hell. Really sorry to hear you've both been having a rough time of it. Hope things sort themselves out soon SBT and Pete, take care of yourself - I prescribe a morning sat on the sofa under a blanket with a prog and a cup of tea!

Albion

Quote from: KevLev on 23 January, 2010, 09:13:57 AMI prescribe a morning sat on the sofa under a blanket with a prog and a cup of tea!

Wise words from Dr. Kevlev. Take it easy Mr Wells, glad it wasn't worse and I hope the drink driver gets a hefty punishment from the Judges.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

The Doctor Alt 8

Well let's see.
I can't get people to visit my sites..
When I adopt RPG chreters to help other players out...they inevitably leave without so much as a bye-your-leave, explination or appology... leaving muggings here to "run" the whole blasted team which spoils the fun...
I'm "stuck" on my stories and people hate my comic writings..

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Hope things work out for you soon SBT and you manage to get to Hi-ex.

Take it easy Pete, thankfully it not more serious and I hope you get well soon. 

Buttonman

Quote from: Pete Wells on 22 January, 2010, 08:20:37 PM
Sorry to hear all that SBT, hope it all works out soon.

As for me, I'm sitting in casualty with really knacking ribs after a head on smash with a drink driver. It was 5.50pm, she was more than twice over the limit and had two bairns in the car. Thankfully they're okay.

My car is totally written off, Happy days!

I deal with motor personal injury claims so let me know if you need any pointers!

If you see a doctor a bit of travel anxiety or even PTSD can double your money.

On second thoughts don't bother - I'm sooo busy!

The Doctor Alt 8

That sounds nasty. Make sure whoever sees you is AWAKE and not at the butt end of a 50+ hour shift...

The Legendary Shark

Best wishes to both Pete and SBT. I'd send you some telepathic healing and good luck vibrations through the cosmic ether using the innate psychic powers of my mind, but I don't believe in all that bollocks so I'm afraid simple best wishes will have to do.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SmallBlueThing

Things are marginally improving- so all the well-wishing here has possibly worked! Thanks so much. I've now got, and mostly read the prog (Dredd, Sticky, ABCs) and saw some fish today. Fish always cheer me up.

Pete- that's appalling. Wishes for a speedy betterness.

SBT

TordelBack

Ouch ouch ouch, Steev and Pete both.  Hope all continues to improve for both of you.

Peter Wolf

Disappointed that SBT might not be able to make it to HIEX but glad things are picking up for you otherwise.

And PeteWells dont laugh or cough !!

And finally myself i spent an hour and a half in Bexhill on Sea today.  :'( :thumbsdown:

It was probably quite a pleasent place at one time back in the age of elegance but not anymore but as its one of those places that is behind the times a lot of original shopfronts have survived the onslaught of modernisation which is a rare sight nowadays.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 January, 2010, 08:03:58 PM
i spent an hour and a half in Bexhill on Sea today.  :'( :thumbsdown:

It was probably quite a pleasent place at one time back in the age of elegance but not anymore but as its one of those places that is behind the times a lot of original shopfronts have survived the onslaught of modernisation which is a rare sight nowadays.

But did you go in the indoor market down Western Road? That's usually good for an hour or so's browsing the millions of books, DVDs, VHSs and knick-knacks. Don't use the cafe though- no toilet, and there's usually dired egg on the spoons, in my experience.

SBT

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 23 January, 2010, 11:04:07 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 January, 2010, 08:03:58 PM
i spent an hour and a half in Bexhill on Sea today.  :'( :thumbsdown:

But did you go in the indoor market down Western Road? That's usually good for an hour or so's browsing the millions of books, DVDs, VHSs and knick-knacks. Don't use the cafe though- no toilet, and there's usually dired egg on the spoons, in my experience.

SBT

No i didnt unfortunately but actually i might go and explore the place again as it is quite interesting.Today was pretty gloomy anyway so that didnt help but i have always noticed that Bexhill has got a certain kind of atmosphere or vibe to it which can be a little bit depressing.I havent been to St.Leonards in a while either as that used to be good for junk shops.Might have a look sometime next week sometime.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

maryanddavid

Chin up Steev, hope everthing works out OK. Some days can seem very bleak, up and on.

Pete, was in a car accident a few years ago, my oldest girl broke her leg, I broke my nose, Mary did her back in, (it was like someone danced on it for a week) and Brendan was fine, or so we thought. Take time out from work Pete, it might be a week or so before it hits you, make sure you have time for yourself and family.

Cheers

David

JOE SOAP

Fuck me, if it's not an arse it's an elbow.