Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Ouch. Sorry to hear that James.

Van Dom

Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mike Gloady

Quote from: Noisybast on 31 January, 2010, 04:19:02 PM
My girlfriend's idiot brother finally succeeded in drinking himself to death last night. Good work, fella.
Sorry to hear that.  For both you and your girlfriend.

My uncle and his wife (I refuse to claim her as any kind of relative - I share blood with him and he has his good points, but I disown her) are doing the very same.  It's like he noticed one day he was an Irish artist forced by injury into a life of not painting and thought he'd take the stereotypical approach to the rest of his life.  Idiot.  

If he'd been less of a fuck up he might've been able to visit his own sister when she was dying.  It's a tough situation - mostly because of the mixed emotions of sadness adn anger with the recently deceased.  Your girlfriend may well only be displaying one of those emotions but I'm sure there's a bit of the other one there too.  You've had the business of helping your lady back onto her feet thrust upon you.  It's not easy but try to remain strong.    

You, for your own part, are entitled to resent the selfish little fucker.  Just make sure to do it very quietly though, eh?  

Quote from: James S on 01 February, 2010, 01:39:29 PM
.. after 12 years together and 6 years of marriage, my wife is leaving me, giving no reason why or chance to do anything about it.
I don't have ANY frame of reference for that.  I'm sorry mate.  I doubt there's anything anyone can say that'll help.  Just know that you're not alone and, if it helps, there are folks here who're willing to listen and offer what advice we may have (I know I have little myself, but others are bound to have been through similar experiences and have useful ideas).

Best wishes to you both.  And to everyone else who's having a hard time now, whether I've mentioned you by name or not.  Hugs all round.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Dandontdare

My thoughts are with all the guys who are having such a shitty time at the moment. I was about to have a minor whinge about my job, but these stories put things in perspective and I realsie how lucky I am.

Richmond Clements

Matt- sorry mate, have a virtual hug.
You too, James!

locustsofdeath!

My wife is being deployed again in March on account of a military 'mistake'.

She has been home for four months after being deployed to Afghanistan for seven months. She's been doing nothing but crying, I've been doing nothing but fuming. We just found out this morning

COMMANDO FORCES

Jesus Christ, I can't (but do as it's the military) believe this mate. You would think the military would rectify this as soon as it's spotted to keep the morale of the troops high. I hope it gets sorted out soon for you both,

Van Dom

Christ. She was supposed to be done with all that wasn't she?
Is there anything you can do to stop it?
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Kev Levell

What's going on?
We've got some terrible news on this board today. Heartfelt sympathies to all.

uncle fester

Christ on a bike, it's nothing but good news today isn't it? So sorry for everyone's news today. This must go down as the shittiest on record with family events. My thoughts are with you all and I hope at least a few rays of light brighten your lives at such difficult times.

SuperSurfer

I know this thread is doing what it sets out to, but there is a very sad run of comments on it lately.

My thoughts go out to all of you – Noisybast, James and locustsofdeath.

I spent the morning dealing with some petty emails but the recent posts really put things into perspective.

Banners

Take it easy, fellas - your next drinks are on me...

M@

Mike Gloady

Locusts, hope that mistake gets cleared up sharpish.  I was under the impression she was done with that for the foreseeable.  Hope it turns out to still be the case.  

You're allowed to not be on the internet and give her a hug under these circumstances - we'll understand.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Aw lads, James and Locusts both, that is some seriously crap news. 

In Locusts' case, I almost can't believe they can mess you all around like that after what seemed like an endless tour the last time.  She's only just back fercrissakes!