Main Menu

Brighton Comic Expo - November - Indie Thread

Started by WoD, 30 September, 2005, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

I was pending on issue 4.  It still hurts.

Try ringing the Pending helpine, if you need to talk to someone about it.  They advised me to buy a reet big gun, and low and behold, I'm in Issue 5...

...I hope.

Queen Firey-Bou

ha ha ha
hee hee hee
i'm going to brighton
i'm in future quacky
i'm going on a helicopter next weekend
tra la la

I'll save my pending rejections for other areas in life.

did i mention helicopters?

Richmond Clements

New Futurequake... new danger..!

I'm happy to say that paul and James are no longer pending, but their strip will appear in all its considerable glory in issue 5!

James

And i'll have another ready by monday.

Huzzah!

Bolt-01

James, that is good news indeed!

Bolt-01

House of Usher

Reviews news:

Christine Harper's Fragments is reviewed in the October issue of Comics International.

So is Rapid Fire issue 4, from Underfire Comics. If you haven't seen it, and you like small press stuff, especially Zarjaz, you should probably buy it.

I have been notified that the deadline for reviews submissions for the November issue of Comics International (#190) has been extended to 14th October. That allows me to get in reviews of Rumble #1, Rapid Fire #5 and Action Stations in time to coincide with the Brighton Comic Expo.

Also, there is going to be a special Expo edition of Comics International, with a different kind of reviews section of its own aimed at pointing newcomers in the right direction. Sounds like an awesome responsibility, which I will do my level best to totally abuse*.

*(no, not really...)
STRIKE !!!

Byron Virgo

Abuse away HoU - what's the point of poewr without a lack of resposibility?

Great news that the Action Stations review will make it in time - I should probably point out that all those letters are genuine!

We'll also have a convention version of the book available, which will have a colour cover and about three extra strips in it.

I've also had a strip 'pending' for FutureQuake for almost a year now, and which still hasn't got an artist and will probably end up in #7 (and I'm one of the bloody editors)!

Al_Ewing

Yeah, I meant to ask about that one. Or that one. Or one of the other two.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Art

One day futurequake will print one of your stories. And then the world will end.

Byron Virgo

So the End of the World coincides with #5?

Damn, Molcher was right!

Carlsborg Expert

Hmm..I should ask if Im pending but I dont know if I dare.

Any artist found for the script that was put together?

Carlsborg Expert

Byron Virgo

I'm not sure that's in any way humanly possible.

Carlsborg Expert

I ask to placated..
All I get is sarcasm.
peesh!

Carlsborg Expert

I ask to be placated..
All I get is sarcasm.
peesh!