Main Menu

Sketch collection idea

Started by pootcargo, 11 January, 2020, 12:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pootcargo

Hi Earthlets,

I'm a new found reader, comic creator, and advent sketch collector.

I'm thinking of starting (although may not be all that original)  British comic artist/2000 AD themed sketch collection. Would anyone like to help me out given I'm in the States?
Thus far I have a Dredd from Carlos and a Jesse from Dillon

Here's my wish-list:

Simon Fraser- Nikolai Dante-40
David Millgate- Ray and Finn- 25
Will Simpson- Universal Solider - 120
Ian Kennedy-??  80
Ian Gibson- Sam Slade/Halo Jones
Henry Flint- Zombo/Proteus/Shakara
Richard Elson- Atavar/Ahab/Gene
Chris Weston- Cannon Fodder
Steve Parkhouse- Big Dave
Dave Gibbons- Rouge Trooper
Leigh Gallagher- Aquilia/Defoe
Keven O'neal- Marshal Law/Nemesis
Johnny Johnstone-  Ulysses Sweet
Matt Brooker (D'Israeli) stickleback/Churchyard
Mike McMahon- Ulysses S. Pilgrim/Vcs
Tony Skinner- Mike Fallon/Finn
Charlie Adlard- Bill Savage
Steve Yeowll- Zeneth/ Maniac 5
Arthur Ransom- Harry Exton/Adam Cadman
Boo Cook- Harry Kipling/Marshall Holt
Karl Richardson-
Ian Richardson-

ming

I started a globetrotting 2000AD sketchbook thing back in 2011 and it's still going; I think about a dozen of the artists on your list are involved so far (https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=39617.0)...  A lot of artists are easy to track down via their own websites or blogs and a lot are on Facebook, so I'd recommend a polite, respectful message or email laying out what you're looking for.  Bear in mind that people are busy so even if they agree to do something for you it might take a while (I've waited two years on two occasions - that's with people in possession of the sketchbook). 

Some artists refuse to take any payment but I always say upfront that I'm more than happy to pay whatever they like (why wouldn't I?).  As long as you don't hassle people or expect too much (or speedy work) you'll probably get mainly positive responses from artists, at least based on my experience.  Feel free to drop me a PM if you get stuck somewhere - and post up anything you get; always a treat to see stuff like this!