Main Menu

The Last Jedi - Forum Opinion

Started by Link Prime, 29 January, 2018, 04:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

The Last Jedi- still a water-cooler topic round my way, and here too it seems.

I've made no secret of the fact I despised it (generally for the same 10 stock reasons that most normal people give), but sweet Jovus, I cannot understand how it is literally loved by some (my own brother in law, one of my best mates and a few well regarded forumites included).

We've had a bit of distance now since we've seen it. Over a month to reflect on it.
Lets put this baby to a vote; post your score out of 5 here and we'll see what the demographic with truly refined sci-fi taste (2000AD fans) think.

Place your vote as;

5/5 - Cooler than the other side of a Carbonite pillow.
4/5 - I am one with Disney, and The Force is with me.
3/5 - Balance to The Force.
2/5 - Worse than Episode I.
1/5 - Let the hate flow through you.

Jim_Campbell

Any particular reason why you didn't create this as a poll and save yourself some adding up?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JamesC

I'm happy to stay on-the-fence and give it a 3.
Lots to like and lots I wasn't so keen on. Kylo Ren is the character that interests me - I think he's easily as interesting and charismatic as any of the OT characters.
If I was really heavily invested in Star Wars it would have affected my score but as a casual fan of the original trilogy I've had 30 years of EU stuff and prequels to get me used to picking out the good stuff and ignoring the stuff I don't like.

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 January, 2018, 04:10:22 PM
Any particular reason why you didn't create this as a poll and save yourself some adding up?

Just the lazy / idiot excuse I'm afraid- I did look that up, but couldn't twig it.

Professor Bear

Tiplodocus

5/5 - freshest bit of Star Wars since Empire.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

haven't been arsed enough to go and see it... where's the button for that?  :-X
DDT did a job on me

Keef Monkey

5/5 from me, loved it both times I've been.

matty_ae

5/5
I'm not sure what people want/expect anymore.
I thought Luke was a perfect curmudgeon
Yoda was the best since 1980

TordelBack

5/5 for me.  I'm happy to acknowledge its flaws (for example, Holdo still doesn't work for me after 4 viewings), and I'm fully prepared to see all its promise squandered in Episode IX, but for now it's left me more excited about Star Wars than I have been since I queued up for Phantom Menace.

Colin YNWA

Given that I'm in an emotional tangle over whether its as good as or better than Return and has reignited my love of Star Wars films (still overall the Mad Max franchise is now my Sci-Fi go to of choice mind). I've seen it twice at the cinema and enjoyed it more the second time (I will forever remember by son being so excited that he was air lightsabering by the end) I have to give it

4/5

Basically I'm reserving 5/5 for Star Wars and Empire and its not (yet) as good as those beauties. I would go 4.5 but I figure that's just bottling making a decision!

radiator

As a film I'd rate it a 2 out of 5, but I wouldn't say that it's 'worse than Episode I'.  ;)

Dandontdare

4 -  best one since the original trilogy, but drags a bit in places

Richard

SIP

It's a 1/5 for me.

Certainly much, much worse than Episode 1. Even worse than Rogue 1 and I can't believe that happened!