Main Menu

Return of the Jesús...

Started by JOE SOAP, 04 June, 2011, 07:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Peter Wolf

Thats good to see but it would be interesting to know how this came about and wether they will be more as there should always room for the old artists in the prog.This might make a reprint of Return To Armaggedon a bit more likely.

Although i have to say i was always ambivelent towards his work.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

DrJomster

It was great to see him back in the prog and very interesting to see his current style.

I for one would love to see Return To Armageddon traded. In a sort of "want, must have" kind of way. 
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Emp

I'd buy that.
Return to Armaggedon always confused me in it run, might have been cus i was 10 or sobut i can always remember a scene with peole bursting into flames..

maryanddavid

Armageddon was good, I like to see a reprint, but the one I really like to see is Mind Wars from Starlord.

Paul faplad Finch

I was too young for Starlord at the time but I recently read all that stuff over on the Watching The Stars site and I'd agree that Mind Wars is a proper underrated gem.

I'd buy a trade in a heartbeat. Not least because said site, whether intentionally or not, wouldn't let me read  the end of it. I wondered if it might be some thing were they don't let you read the end so you have to buy a book, ut none of the other stories do it, so far as I can tell. (I din't try to read Stront and Ro-Busters 'cos I've already got those books.)

As for news of Jesus Redondo returning to th prog, I'd say it's great news because I do like to see the droids of yesteryear acknowledged, although I'm not really familiar with his work personally so the nostalgia factor isn't in play for me.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Jared Katooie

I remember when he last came back, to draw some episodes of Missionary Man.

I hope we get to see some more Jesus after this one-off.

And whatever happened to Rafael Garres?

johnnystress

A brilliant artist-looking forward to this

O Lucky Stevie!

Return to Armageddon reprint = Stevie wants.

Mind Wars reprint = Stevie needs.

You listening Green Stuff?

Whilst you're at make sure that this FS is just a warm up to getting Jesus back on a regular, ongoing basis.

Like on a space opera featuring lots of lovely ladiez. Capice?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 06 June, 2011, 04:58:38 AM

Mind Wars reprint = Stevie needs.

Man I'm with you there would love this stuff to be reprinted. Alas apparently its not up to green bonce. Keith Richardson mentioned at some point (At least I think it was Keith) that 2000ad only owns the rights to stuff that transferred across to 2000ad from either Starlord or Tornado so this one still sits with... what maybe even IPC?

That said chuffed that Redondo is back in he Prog and hope we get to see more of him.

ming

Redondo's fantastic... Underrated and deserving of far more attention and reprints than he got - I'm thinking especially of the decision to excise his Nemesis work from the Titan reprints.  Shameful, that.  As others mentioned, reprints of Mind Wars and Return to Armageddon would be very welcome.

Looking forward to getting home and putting my feet up with the Prog!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ming on 06 June, 2011, 11:58:37 AMRedondo's fantastic... Underrated and deserving of far more attention and reprints than he got - I'm thinking especially of the decision to excise his Nemesis work from the Titan reprints.  Shameful, that.

It was 'thirty' years ago, let it lie man, let it lie. At least he was in the 'Moore' reprints of the time.

ming

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 June, 2011, 12:03:56 PM
Quote from: ming on 06 June, 2011, 11:58:37 AMRedondo's fantastic... Underrated and deserving of far more attention and reprints than he got - I'm thinking especially of the decision to excise his Nemesis work from the Titan reprints.  Shameful, that.

It was 'thirty' years ago, let it lie man, let it lie. At least he was in the 'Moore' reprints of the time.

Nah, I'm fighting with Pat Mills block on this one ;)

strontium71

I always loved 'Ring Road' that he drew for a Time Twister. Hard to believe the man's approaching 80!
...because I hate you.

Van Dom

Just read this on downthetubes blog...great news . Always loved Redondo's work. Would like to see him back on a series though, even a short 4 parter.

I'll add to the chorus of "Reprint Return to Armageddon"! I read it a few years ago for the first time and I thorougly enjoyed it. Good old-fashioned, old school fun in the same vein as Meltdown Man. They don't make series like them anymore!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!