Main Menu

Dan Abnett's The Hypernaturals

Started by broodblik, 23 July, 2018, 10:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Has anyone read Dan Abnett's The Hypernaturals ? Is it worthwhile getting ?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

Got the full series a few years ago in a Comixology sale and thought it was ace.
Definitely worth a look.

broodblik

This is currently on sale at Comixology. Thanks, will check it out.   
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

I have read the first volume and I can diffidently recommend this.

The write-up:

"It is the far future; the human race has finally colonized the galaxy, preserving an era of prosperity that's only possible because of The Hypernaturals. They're a celebrated, galaxy-wide superhero task force that keeps the peace. That is, until they all mysteriously vanish. Now, as the galaxy teeters on the brink of chaos, it's up to a group of retired and long forgotten Hypernaturals -- and their novice recruits -- to save the galaxy from complete destruction. Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning, the superstar writing duo behind ANNIHILATION and THE LEGION, launch an all-new original graphic novel series that takes cosmic super-heroes to a new frontier."

Dandontdare

Hmmm - a team of past-it veterans and green rookies has to save the day ... well that's never been done before.  ;)

broodblik

Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 July, 2018, 02:52:53 PM
Hmmm - a team of past-it veterans and green rookies has to save the day ... well that's never been done before.  ;)

That is why it is not called The Originals  :lol: .... but anyway if you like Dan Abnett's work I am sure you will enjoy this

Dandontdare

I absolutely do, and despite my facetious comment I'm intrigued and may pick this up - I do love Dan's writing and to be fair almost any SF [property can be reduced to cliches - it's what you do with 'em that counts!

broodblik

But aren't all stories reincarnations of other stories? In Hollywood's case its is reboots. The American comic scene rebirths. Originality can be so overrated, I would rather have a good solid story. I am getting to philosophical here just enjoy the story.............