Main Menu

Bristol Expo 2009

Started by matty_ae, 21 October, 2008, 10:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

Jut read that next year's Bristol Expo is taking place just in the Ramada. The huge train station side building is unavailable. So the organisers are personally inviting stands knowing that there will be over-demand.

I'm gutted as I had to miss B'ham. Anyone else got any news on this? :cry:

paulvonscott

That's pretty much it.  I've decided to have the year off Bristol (having done 5 in a row, I was planning to either take 2009 or 2010 off before I heard the news) as there will be a huge demand for tables.

I reckon it'll be a great Bristol.

The November one, which suffered because it was in Novmeber, was a really nice event.  There's something to be said for it all being under one roof.

Should be great.  Go!

The year after, it's possible the event might be even bigger than usual.

Roger Godpleton

I may actually make it to this one as I am free from exams at that time of year for the first time in 7 years.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

matty_ae

I'll definitely go but either they are expecting attendance to be hugely down on numbers or this is going to be one packed venue.

My experience of Bristol this year was that it was great but even in that huge train room there were times on the Saturday when the aisles just came to a complete standstill!

You're right though - it might just make it a memorable convention.

I remember the old Glasgow ones mid 90's when (oh the shame) people like John Wagner were practically ignored in favour of the new Vertigo talent. It nice to see proper credit now paid to UK creators. mike mcmahon queue was one of the longest I've seen at B'ham 07.

paulvonscott

I'm regretting not going already, so come May 2009 I shall probably be inconsolable!

Matt Timson

Bristol without PVS just isn't worth the hassle...
Pffft...

Dan Kelly

But Matt, You'll be working  ;)

Wils

Quote from: "dankell"But Matt, You'll be working  ;)

Working the room, more like. I can just see him on the hunt for Karen Berger; portfolio in one hand, tube of avocado puree in the other. ;)

Bolt-01

We'll have the FQP table there, shame it's not going to be in the big hall, but them's the breaks. No PVS though? Surely some mistake?

Hoagy

Quote from: "Wils"
Quote from: "dankell"But Matt, You'll be working  ;)

You can get avacado puree?  :o
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

paulvonscott

"Bristol without PVS just isn't worth the hassle..."

I'm sure attendences will soar.

I am doing Leeds in November and Inverness in February, (when I'll have OVS5 out I hope), but I just need a break, physically, mentally and financially.

This year I'll have done Hi-Ex, Bristol, Prestonpans and Leeds.  Next year might be the same, just without Bristol.  

Hopefully in 2010, people will have missed me and the comic.

Denari

Um, dumb n00b question; but what is PVS?
//http://likealittlekidwithabeard.blogspot.com/ Reviews on comics, film and general geekery.

Richmond Clements

That's him posting directly above you.

Steven Sterlacchini

It seemed pretty packed this year.

Don't really fancy, potentially, more people in a smaller venue with less to look at.

Richmond Clements

It's a smaller venue, true, but if it's the room I'm thinking on in the hotel- it's still pretty bloody big!

And it means everything will be taking place in the same venue too- so I might even get to a panel, which is something I have never done at Bristol before!