Main Menu

Cardiff Comic Expo 2012

Started by bluemeanie, 10 September, 2011, 12:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Just posted about this on the web thing here

http://2000ad.wordpress.com/2011/09/10/2000ad-panel-at-cardiff-comic-expo-announced/

But basically....

2 days this year. 25-26th Feb.
Dylan Teague, Neil Edwards, Patrick Goddard and John M Burns already confirmed from the 2000AD camp. Guest of honour = LEGENDARY artist Mike Ploog whose run on Werewolf by Night is one of my all time favourites.

And just announced today Iz and Stace from the Megacast are hosting a special panel celebrating 35 years of 2000AD goodness with guest droids contributing.

Know there's a few other 2000AD creators to be announced but sworn to secrecy at this stage.

Should rock

worldshown

Will it be in the same place as this year's?

bluemeanie

Yeah, but pretty sure its expanding to use some space in the 2nd and 3rd floors as well. Dunno if thats for more tables or just for panels or workshops etc

DrJomster

Good news indeed! :D

Don't forget to press record when that panel starts though...  ;)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

bluemeanie

Bolt-01

I've just sent a mail asking about the details for this. I'm thinking it might just be a lot of fun!

Bolt-01

...and it's all sold out! I'm on a wait list though, so hopefully I might be there still.

bluemeanie

Gah!!
Really hope you guys can make it. Know pretty much everyone who was there last year rebooked straight away but fingers crossed they can do some creative juggling.

Failing that you could always mug Dylan Teague on the way in and nick his table

bluemeanie

Oh... and its not confirmed enough for me to give details, but there's another 2000AD name 99% attending.
I got a nice hard back all ready to get signed once he's green lit

Soon as Iz gives me the nod I'll do my usual pimping. Hey... its my home town con!!

Large48

All the tables gone already?????

May have to do the London one instead....................
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

bluemeanie

Yeah, all the creators who did the first one were very impressed... especially the artists who werent shoved in a hallway with no light. They all got given first refusal for the second one (and rightly so) and most of them took it up

There might possibly be talk of opening up another room due to the high demand for floor space. Dont think this has been decided on yet tho. If you are thinking about it tho email them so you get on the list should this happen

bluemeanie

They've just confirmed Gary Erskine is gonna be there... probably in a kilt so PRAY for a wind free day

Bolt-01

Never mind Gary, I'll be there! :)

Thanks to Stace, the mighty FQP will be there all weekend, and talks are ongoing to bring the family too!

bluemeanie

sweeeet! More people to get horribly drunk with   :D

stacey

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 03 November, 2011, 03:28:23 PM
Never mind Gary, I'll be there! :)

Thanks to Stace, the mighty FQP will be there all weekend, and talks are ongoing to bring the family too!

Hurrah I haven't seen my boys for ages! Erm I mean your boys, your boys!