Main Menu

London Film & Comic Con 5/6/7th July 2013

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 05 February, 2013, 02:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Should be fun - had a good vibe last year with the Dredd sneak preview.

Would be great to get a photo of all the Judges with Lena.

Spikes

This does look good, and the chance to meet Ma-Ma would have been great.
Im in London the following week, and unfortunatley i couldnt swing it to bring that trip forward slightly.  :(
Plenty of photo's CF, plenty of photos!

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Judge Jack on 23 June, 2013, 10:09:05 AM
Plenty of photo's CF, plenty of photos!

Yep, I'll 'second' that !!
Looking forward to seeing Ma-Ma with a contingent of Judges..... :D...
Nice one CF...
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

COMMANDO FORCES

All my photos will be from other people but mainly Steve Green when I'm at the event and he's the one I always thank. Otherwise you wouldn't know that I was there  ;)

As for the Ma Ma shoot, it seems that only two can be in the photo with her but we shall see if a section of Judges, a smidge of pleading and a wee bit of the gift of the gab works in our favour!

nicklambo

Not going to make Friday or Saturday...Not likely on Sunday either... :|
Bugger!

COMMANDO FORCES

That is a bugger Nick!

News just in, Six Planet Replica Judges will now be on patrol on the Saturday. That's five males and fan favourite Anderson. So get yourself along for a picture and to be beaten up, of course ;)

Proudhuff

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 June, 2013, 03:27:45 PM
Booked my tickets with Lena Headey, two uniformed and one in civvies.If the event is anything like last year it should be a blast.

Looks like a CF snafu, its Hedley Lamarr who will be there:

;)
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Spikes

When meeting MaMa, i hope CF doesnt end up being tossed off a high building

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Judge Jack on 27 June, 2013, 06:15:37 PM
When meeting MaMa, i hope CF doesnt end up being tossed off a high building
The wonders of the highlight function! :lol:

Simon Beigh

I'm debating applying for planning permission from the wife to attend  :) However, I'm not entirely sure how the meeting the comic guests bit works. As some of you may know, I'm a total sucker for getting my books signed and would dearly love to meet and chat to Adi Granov and David Lloyd, but I can't seem to find any info on whether these are ticketed, or you just randomly queue, or what?

Any help from people who can use websites better than me ( :)) or who have been before and know how this works very much appreciated

COMMANDO FORCES

Last year was a different location but I presume it will be the same type of layout!

The TV/Movie bods were all at the rear of the hall and you paid for their signatures. The comic bods and sellers were at the front and you just queued up for them and paid for things that you bought off them!

In other words, it was like a normal convention for the comic bods.

Simon Beigh

Thanks CF. Appreciate the help. Right, must go and fill in Form 2/KA/D and submit to the Planning Approval Board for issuance of a weekend pass :)

Steve Green

Someone posted this layout for this year

Assuming it's like last year, you have a few of the big names (like Karl was last year) tucked away in booths, with the others on various tables.

So it varied according to how famous the names were. Unless it was someone like Stan Lee you should just be able to queue up on the day.

COMMANDO FORCES