Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Yeah absolutely, but despite the police officers wearing dark green when I was a kid, I was familiar with the 'Boys in Blue' phrase for the cops, so it all converged and coalesced in my mind and will not move. I even found it jarring when it was unequivocally black without a hint of blue highlights! 
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Tony Angelino

The first time I remember Dredd's outfit as black was Carlos drawing him in the Apocalypse War when the comic was still on the legendary bog paper. That's just my memory though.

To me his uniform is dark blue except if Carlos is drawing him. 

James Stacey

I always thought of Dredds uniform to be a bit like a laypersons socks compared to priests socks, more a very very very dark blue.

Tony Angelino

There does seem to this myth about most black socks just being very dark blue. I've checked my black socks and I'm pretty sure they are just plain black, even the ones I bought in George at Asda.

JOE SOAP

Tony Angelino

I accept that to most people Dredd's outfit is black and they always knew it was.

I'm just saying that for me I always think of the uniform as dark blue because that's the way it was coloured in the olden days. 

Strangely however I don't think of Clark Kent/Superman as having blue hair.

sheridan

Quote from: Mikey on 22 March, 2017, 09:51:03 AM
Yeah absolutely, but despite the police officers wearing dark green when I was a kid, I was familiar with the 'Boys in Blue' phrase for the cops, so it all converged and coalesced in my mind and will not move. I even found it jarring when it was unequivocally black without a hint of blue highlights!

Dark green?  Did you grow up in Germany?

Tony Angelino

I assumed he was from Northern Ireland like myself. The Police Service of Northern Ireland, and the Royal Ulster Constabulary before them, wear dark green uniforms. Its usually described as rifle green or bottle green.

DKCX

That's why I can't figure why anyone would buy blue variants that never really existed. Wouldn't waste my money on them. Standard version only for me.

Tony Angelino

I don't buy the figures. Not interested in them but the dark blue uniform makes them look more like they did in the comics/stories that I remember best.

Dash Decent

I think for some readers there is an unconscious assumption that it's blue, it being a colour we traditionally associate with the police.  In the US however, there are a lot of police uniforms with a fair bit of black - black trousers, black ties, black hats, etc, also black police cars and so on.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Tony Angelino

You've obviously never watched CHiPs. The boys in beige.

I certainly assumed it was dark blue when I was younger but even now I just think it looks better.

Dash Decent

Eric Estrada and his mate Larry?  Lucky they weren't called the Californian Highway Motor Patrol.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dreddzilla

Just got another Dredd in the mail and noticed the belt pouches are upside down. And my first Fear figure has a broken helmet wing.

TheTooN

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 01 April, 2017, 02:47:37 PM
Just got another Dredd in the mail and noticed the belt pouches are upside down. And my first Fear figure has a broken helmet wing.

Aww man thats a bugger, not easy to sort as its bonded onto the lower torso through the suit. It will break off with a bit of work so you can turn it the right way up but I'd send an email to cs@threeaonline and see if they will send a replacement.

Sorry for the shitty pic but it shows how its attached and how to get it off if you decide to keep it or 3A wont sort a replacement. 2nd pic is what your left with after it comes off. Belt has a little popper like the Mezco's to snap closed again and goes back on nicely enough.

Good luck with it.