Main Menu

Subscribing and free gifts

Started by 2000AD Online, 16 December, 2004, 08:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

New subscribers get the promotional gift that is then current, and old subbers get the same on their annual renewal date, or on the anniversary of their subscription start for those subbing monthly.  

We don't ignore our loyal supporters.  This system has been in place for several years now.

Bolt-01

Don't want to sound picky, but I've just passed the second anniversary of my sub, and have received no thankyous.

However, the service from the subs dept is excellent and when my card was not debited for four months this year, they were nice enough to call me before catching up on the funds.

Bolt-01

Bad Andy

But I want a poster! Give you money! For you, good price.

Trout

I haven't had a free gift since I started my monthly sub, more than two years ago.

- Trout

Dan Kelly

I suspect the problem is that there is not always a subs gift.  When I started my sub there was no offer so no gift.

If there is no gift when I reach renewal, I will get no gift.

The moral of this story, only start a sub when there's a gift, as there's likely to be another one the next year ;)

Dan

Wils

Likewise for me as well. Other than the 2000ad dress that I got when my sub started I've not had any of the others.

longmanshort

We don't ignore our loyal supporters

Heh, wasn't really suggesting that you did ... was just very, very keen to get my hands on that poster and was disappointed that there wasn't a suggestion of how I could buy one, not fussed about getting it for free.

Though on the side issue, I seem to have had the same experience as Bolt - IIRC haven't had any free gift this year, despite my monthly subscription automatically renewing.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Oddboy

I've been a subscriber for since November 2001. Got my 2K beanie at the time.
I got 'Glimmer Rats' GN as an present at the end of 2002.
Didn't get anything end of 2003.
Haven't had anything recently.

Them's the facts as they stand in the Milner household.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

(and while I'm at it... I never got my promised 2k cap for my input in prog 847.)
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

I'm unsure on dates, but the last free gift I got was a Death keyring, and that was for taking out the sub in the first place.

I reiterate: I believe I get value for money and I'm not having a moan. It's just that I clearly don't get what was promised.

- Trout

longmanshort

Spurred by the better memory-recall of Odders, I can confirm that I also received the Glimmer Rats GN, though - as far as I can recall - nothing since. Not that I'm particularly complaining, mind. I'm happy to buy merchandise if given the chance.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Tu-plang

Same as Oddboy - Beanie, Glimmer Rats GN, then nothing since.

Not whingeing, happy with subs, value for money etc.

Dudley

Same here - Mean Machine mug for subscribing, nothing on renewal.

Also not complaining particularly hard, but thought this was worth bringing to Rebellion's attention in case they're getting ripped off.

paulvonscott

Looks like you're better off letting your sub run out, then renewing it for the latest free offer.

Wake

If you haven't received a subscription gift on your subs anniversary, please email subscriptions at 2000adonline.com to let them know. Remember to include your subs number.

Wake