Main Menu

Cheap online stores for trades

Started by Third Estate Ned, 19 December, 2011, 05:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Third Estate Ned

Do any boarders know of any websites other than Ebay that offer cheap prices and international P&P on 2000ad trades? The reason I ask is that, not being UK-based, Ebay is only really the cheap option at holiday times when I can get to the UK to pick stuff up (thrilled at having just picked up DW Red Tide, JD Henry Flint Collection, America and Mandroid for just over a tenner on Ebay, though).

I'm discounting Amazon, Book Depository, Play and Aphrohead here. Apologies if this is a commonly repeated thread, I did search for suchlike but found nowt.

Emperor

For people outside the US and UK, I'd usually recommend the Book Depository - they have a good stock, usually have a competitive price and free international shipping (which can make all the difference when comparing costs).

The 2000AD shop will post internationally I believe:

http://shop.2000adonline.com

Or you could ask your local comic book store to order in the specific books through Diamond.

Other than that you'd probably need to plug the specific title into a price comparison website.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

von Boom

You might try abebooks.com. I use this website all the time to track down books. While much of it is second hand, you can find a lot of new stuff at reasonable prices. Beware that you check the shipping costs first though. A £/$1 book is no deal if you have to pay £/$30 shipping.

JvB

Third Estate Ned

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm kicking myself because on here a few months ago a website was recommended because they were selling cheap trades (among which the Simping Detective), which otherwise mainly sold roleplaying rulebooks and the like. I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Important detail: the site had a brown border.

Colin YNWA

Third Estate Ned

That's the one! Thanks Colin. Looks like they were having some kind of clearout at the time it was recommended. Now I may sleep without kicking myself.

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Emperor

Quote from: Dr. Dog on 19 December, 2011, 07:16:09 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm kicking myself because on here a few months ago a website was recommended because they were selling cheap trades (among which the Simping Detective), which otherwise mainly sold roleplaying rulebooks and the like. I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Important detail: the site had a brown border.

This is the thread you were looking for:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,29913.0.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Third Estate Ned

Third Estate Ned

If anyone reads this in the next two hours or so, there are various 2000AD GNs for sale dirt cheap here [not a plug for my stuff, I think it may be the Mongoose mentioned in this thread]:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/altsain/m.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A6000&rt=nc&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=2

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Third Estate Ned

Not me. I live in Italy. But I'd like to go there some day.  :)