Main Menu

droids you've forgotten

Started by sheridan, 04 September, 2018, 08:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Peter Harris.

Wrote one Dredd episode. Tharg forgot about him so quickly that when it was time to write a sequel to Judge Whitey, Gerry Finley-Day got the gig.

Pat Mills reckons Harris was an accountant who had been sending him (awful) unsolicited submissions since the Battle days. According to the Thrillcast, Harris died some time ago. We will remember forget him.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Leigh S on 07 September, 2018, 04:07:43 PM
There was an artist called Mark (Marc(?)) Dunn I think who I am sure drew a Slaine pin up image thing - he also did a few illos for Warlock magazine?

Tell me I'm not imagining this!

Rings a bell, Leigh!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

rogue69

Re-reading Destiny's angels it had a letterer named T Jacob for the first 2 parts

sheridan

Quote from: Leigh S on 07 September, 2018, 04:07:43 PM
There was an artist called Mark (Marc(?)) Dunn I think who I am sure drew a Slaine pin up image thing - he also did a few illos for Warlock magazine?

Tell me I'm not imagining this!

Much of Issue 6 (of Warlock) and some spot illos in Issue 7, apparently.

norton canes

Mark Dunn, yeah, that's the guy I was thinking of. His Future Shock was in prog 479 (19th July 1986, so my late-80's guess was a bit off). It was at the time Sooner Or Later was on most of the back pages so I guess his Slaine illustration is tucked away inside another prog.

Lobo Baggins

There's a couple of episodes of Ace Trucking credited to 'Giolitti' - I don't know if that means they're by Alberto Giolitti himself or someone else from Studio Giolitti.

Flesh has a script credited to Studio Giolitti, too - which seems a bit odd.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Frank

Modifying the name of this thread to ART DROIDS YOU FORGOT HAVE WORKED FOR THARG FOR SO LONG.

The fun bonus Dredd story scheduled as relief from the icky rape episode of Fading Of The Light back in 1996 was drawn by young Master Eoin Coveney, while wearing Adidas samba, drinking Sunny-D, and listening to Tricky.

2002 saw the debut of a barely legal Ben Willsher. The leader of the Red Hand Gang's style has evolved so much his most recent work on Durham Red looked more like Lee Carter, but that bike hasn't changed a bit. Willsher didn't so much redesign the Lawmaster in the wake of Chaos Day as just tell everyone to start drawing it the way he already did. Which is great.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Frank on 07 September, 2018, 04:54:10 PM
Harris died some time ago. We will remember forget him.

Uhm ... that's not a very nice thing to say about someone, so (follow the advice of Mr. Ice Cube and) "chickity check yo self before you wreck yo self".
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: norton canes on 08 September, 2018, 05:31:19 PM
Mark Dunn ... I guess his Slaine illustration is tucked away inside another prog.

It's the back cover of prog 456:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Frank

Quote from: Funt Solo on 08 September, 2018, 11:54:58 PM
Uhm ... that's not a very nice thing to say about someone

I am, of course, saying that's a good thing that we should keep on doing.

TordelBack

Quote from: Funt Solo on 08 September, 2018, 11:58:06 PM
Quote from: norton canes on 08 September, 2018, 05:31:19 PM
Mark Dunn ... I guess his Slaine illustration is tucked away inside another prog.

It's the back cover of prog 456:

Totally forgotten that one: it's pretty great!

norton canes

Quote from: Funt Solo on 08 September, 2018, 11:58:06 PM
It's the back cover of prog 456

Gah, I must have looked at every prog in the 400's except that one. Cheers!

rogue69

Gary Erskine drew Judge Dredd: "Twin Blocks" (2000 AD 741, 1991) & Flesh: "Chronocide" (2000 AD 973–979, 1996)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: rogue69 on 13 September, 2018, 08:38:08 AM
Gary Erskine drew Judge Dredd: "Twin Blocks" (2000 AD 741, 1991) & Flesh: "Chronocide" (2000 AD 973–979, 1996)

Wow is that all he's done - I thought he'd done more!

norton canes

Floyd Hughes, wrote and illustrated the groovy-looking Future Shock 'Whatever Happened To Colony 9' in the 1980 Sci-Fi Special. There must be a few other oft-forgotten droids from the early annuals and specials?