Main Menu

Eleventh Hour - rolling review...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 20 January, 2006, 03:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Anyone else watching this? Ten minutes in and we've already had naff acting from supporting cast, annoying pop science & my latest, favourite crap line:

"I'm Ian Hood, scientist..."

Of course, it doesn't help that I've been watching Extras and can no longer take Patrick Stewart seriously. I keep expecting him to turn to his co-stars and say:

"You see, this clone comes along, and I'm looking at her & I think, 'What does she look like naked?". And then all her clothes fall off..."

;-)

The Amstor Computer

Classic line number two!

"I need your help to stop Gepetto!"

DavidXBrunt

"I need your help to stop Gepetto!"

As Prince Charming will be saying to Bigby Wolf in an upcoming issue of Fables.

Oh, that line contains spoilers for the Homelands Arc, by the way.

The Amstor Computer

More tosh:

-- "I overreacted, I shouldn't have shot at Gepetto"

-- The classic "lab" set, complete with mysterious green liquids in glass beakers & shelves full of test tubes

-- A commercial for stem cell research, straight from the mouth of the lead character in a cringe-inducing speech in a car wash

Even the lovely Ashley Jensen isn't lifting this much above "lavishly-produced Sci-Fi channel turkey", thanks to being lumbered with a tiresome, cardboard cut-out character ("she's a tough, ball-busting female cop in a world dominated by men").

The Amstor Computer

"Once upon a time, you know, gravity was just a hunch"

Garrrrrrhhrrr...

DavidXBrunt

Coming next week -

"I just want to see my family!"

"So does the virus inside you."

The Amstor Computer

Heh, that was going to be my next one - worra corker!

I don't know... the series has some potential. A solid cast and a relatively interesting setup, but if the dialogue, characterisation and plotting are going to be as bad as this over the next few episodes...

BTW - wasn't this series announced in the wake of the Beeb's success with Doctor Who?  

hag

"absolute bollocks!" *throws sandwich at the tv*

pretty standard stuff but i'll watch it if i'm in.

House of Usher

It sounds like Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
STRIKE !!!

Funt Solo

I've no idea what you're talking about - but if it doesn't feature spaceships, explosions, guns, sex and big stompy robots, then what's the point?

(Unless it's Firefly, which could have done with a big stompy robot.)

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!  Crap sci-fi!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

hag

the point.

the point is patrick stewart... mmmmm.

DavidXBrunt

Harry Hill said he's got loads of material for the upcoming series of T.V. Burp from watching The Eleventh Hour.

Carlsborg Expert

Rolling poll;

11th Hour; Science drama or science fiction?

Discuss,for my interest please.