Main Menu

anti islam cartoons required

Started by judge dreddd, 07 February, 2006, 04:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

What a brilliant thread.

I havn't read this much 'fun' since JEB and TPS.

Dreddd you are a complete idiot.

Devons Daddy

i live in a muslim dominated area of the world.

i am respectful of their views and wishes, but this whole saga stinks of any little excuse to brew up trouble sadly.
though locally for now at least the community is not reacting in such an extreme manner.

but do you see Jews on the march over stereo types and jokes about them,or catholics making such a scene over small issues.

this only increases the polarity of the views of those whom do not have regular contact with muslims and as such pushes them further in the minds of many as extremeists.

hopefully it will all blow over soon.before any more bloodshed is scene.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

judge dreddd

well,it was supposed to be a wind up, and at 3 pages, i think it worked very well

teee heee

Art

Tsk. Another idiot seeking a "it was just a wind up" excuse for idiocy. Where have we seen that before? And why am I strangely unconvinced?

Do you have a cat?

El Spurioso

Funny, that.  Oh no, sorry.  Not funny.  The other one.  Crap.

Anyone notice how any time someone makes a daft suggestion and gets made to look like a moron, it was All A Wind Up?

File under the same heading as "Oh no, no, I don't HAVE to apologise for insulting you, because, look, I included a winking SMILEY..."

Funt Solo

::"Nothing wrong with islamic countries having islamic laws but should they really govern the press in other countries ?"

It's that kind of statement that propogates bigotry and ignorance.  Placing all "islamic countries" (itself an ill-defined phrase) under some kind of universal islamic banner where they are all an imagined hive mind bent towards the same nefarious purpose (in this case, governing our press) is clearly misleading and inacurate.

It's akin to assuming that all westerners (that word a gargantuan generalisation of individuals in and of itself) are agreed that publishing these cartoons is a good idea.  Clearly not the case, as this thread proves.

Just because logic (may) state that religion is inherently useless, that's no justification for banning it.

Logic may also prove that the best way of saving the human race is to cull 50% of it right now - starting with YOU!  If you're such a fan of logic, you'll march merrily over the nearest cliff for the good of humanity.

With two dice, a pencil and an eraser...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Art

The original offending cartoons. Am I missing something?

They're a bit meh. I've heard unsubstantiated reports that agitators are showing show cartoons because they're not sufficiently offensive. And  theres a lot to be said for the theory that this is more of a trigger than the actual cause.

Funt Solo

::"but do you see Jews on the march over stereo types and jokes about them,or catholics making such a scene over small issues."

Yes, probably.

Hardline supporters of any faith are incredibly robust in defending any slight (real or imagined).

(Some) hardline supporters of the Israeli government accuse anyone who criticises their policy of military occupation and subjugation of being a nazi sypmathiser and an anti-semite.

(Some) hardline supporters of christianity burn black people on crosses, or throw buckets of piss at toddlers.

And these are over what I consider small issues - any criticism of government policy; skin colour; what road to walk to school down.  None of these things deserve a violent response.  To juxtapose, the offending cartoon is denegrating an entire religion by linking it directly to terrorism, when clearly there are terrorists in the world of all faiths (some of them working at the behest of their governments) and, just as clearly, there are those within all faiths that have nothing to do with terrorism.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

judge dreddd

now now, calm down and have some tea

http://www.bramahmuseum.co.uk/images/tea-girl.jpg">

Steve Green

I've seen one (very badly drawn) of Mohammed with horns molesting children - obviously not one of the original cartoons.

A trawl of the political cartoonist websites threw up a link where there a bunch of much more offensive ones, (well photoshop jobbies) - but these seem to have been in response to the furore over the originals.

- Steve

+rufus+

Sir.....
Step away from the keyboard...
 Really.

Conexus

Wake, can you kick Judge Idiott out yet?

thrillpowerseeker

Finsbury Parks a tad safer these days...

wonder if the screws will consficate his picklock?..">

Matt Timson

Kick somebody out for having a stupid opinion?  Half the board would have to go...
Pffft...