Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Film & TV / Re: Doctor Who - Series 10 (Spoilers)
« Last post by Richard on 24 June, 2017, 10:51:04 pm »
Another excellent one. This has been a consistently good series, and next week looks like it's going to be absolutely phenomenal!
« Last post by Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 24 June, 2017, 10:47:53 pm »
Finally, a stone cold classic, the first of the entire Capaldi era.

(Totally lifted from Spare Parts, much more so than the parallel Earth Cybermen story that Marc Platt got a credit for).
Film & TV / Re: Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!
« Last post by Jim_Campbell on 24 June, 2017, 10:38:17 pm »

Even though it took me a couple of viewings to truly warm to DREDD, Karl's performance was the one thing I absolutely did love when I first saw it. Any issues I had with his portrayal were in the writing (I seem to recall there being two scenes I grumbled at but can only remember the headbutt being particularly contentious).

I dislike the final forced Slo-Mo dose. It seems unnecessarily sadistic. It strikes me that it would have worked better if Ma-Ma had defiantly dosed herself -- confronted with her imminent death, she chose to extend her final moments as a means postponing death, if only for a few perceptually-stretched seconds. The same cinematic effect could have been achieved in a way that made sense for her character and didn't introduce a forced character-beat to Dredd.
General / Re: Pat Mills - the politics of 2000 AD - Marxism 2017
« Last post by lwhitehead on 24 June, 2017, 10:24:21 pm »
Hey I love the Monarchy

LW
General / Re: How to collect Nikolai Dante GN's?
« Last post by lwhitehead on 24 June, 2017, 10:22:46 pm »
I would buy the books if I could aford them I got the Torrent instead.

LW
Off Topic / Re: The Political Thread
« Last post by Tjm86 on 24 June, 2017, 10:22:20 pm »
Disgusting

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/kensington-resident-tells-shocked-radio-host-if-grenfell-families-moved-in-id-leave-a3572066.html

Oh come on.  This has got to be trolling.  Are you honestly telling me that this Sloan Ranger mentality exists.  Seriously.  This has got to be the product of a fertile imagination.  The LBC presenter fell for it hook line and sinker.
Yes. I am honestly telling you that this Sloane Ranger mentality exists, & its wilfully naive to think that this mentality doesn't exist. Why has it got to be the product of a fertile imagination? Why do you think we are in the mess we are in?!?

You know what, I need to apologise.  Sarcasm doesn't work too well online at times.  You are absolutely right, the fact that this kind of mentality exists is why we are in such a bind at present.  That was my point, albeit badly made, that we could even consider such a caricature to be real.  Even more disturbing, that it was not a caricature but a real live 'human being' who would even consider such a point of view.  Clearly we live in parallel universes where such thinking is appropriate.
« Last post by Taryn Tailz on 24 June, 2017, 10:16:54 pm »
Cracking episode tonight, though all the best ideas and concepts for the story were lifted straight from the Big Finish audio 'Spare Parts'. Still, if you're gonna pinch another writer's ideas then there are a lot worse writers than Marc Platt to take them from. :P

Also, I completely failed to recognise that 'that' character was in fact 'that other character'. (Damn the broken spoiler button) Great piece of acting.
Off Topic / Re: The Political Thread
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on 24 June, 2017, 09:45:57 pm »
Oh, you're such a card.

Film & TV / Re: Damon Lindelof to Develop WATCHMEN for HBO
« Last post by Eric Plumrose on 24 June, 2017, 09:30:30 pm »
Ronald Reagan - Alan Moore fan?

Nah. Just his speechwriters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10