Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Sweets. Means I'll be able to catch up on Judge Dredd Year One and Godzilla: Rulers of the Earth. :D

Hawkmumbler

IDWs Kill Shakespeare is on sale at comixology. Read the first two issue as they where free and think its quite an entertaining premise.

Link Prime

Neil Gaimans Lost Tales is currently free on the Sequential App, featuring his Future Shock from Prog 489.
Great stuff.

Link Prime

The complete Zaucer of Zilk is only €1.79 on Comixology at the moment.

Link Prime

Another Top Shelf sale on Comixology today.

Of Note;

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Century 1910 €2.69
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Century 1969 €2.69
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Century 2009 €2.69
From Hell €3.59
The Underwater Welder €3.59
Essex County €3.59

All classics IMO.
If anyone else would recommend other collections from this sale, please do.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Link Prime

"Well, just how bad is it?"

Find out fer yourself mate- IDW's Judge Dredd number 1 free on Comixology today.

I'm saving the 8mb.

Colin YNWA

As well as the X-Men trades mentioned somewhere else I was in The Works today (Sheffield) today and they had Titan hardcover of The Rat Pack on sale for £3.99 - absolute bargain.

Might alas explain why their Battle series doesn't seem to be going much further (beyond the Garth Ennis one) if the early ones are getting dumped off. Shame BUT for those that don't have this book yet there is a possible silver lining!

Daveycandlish

EVERYONE should buy the Rat Pack. Great 70s British comics!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Tombo

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 15 February, 2014, 05:34:46 PM
As well as the X-Men trades mentioned somewhere else I was in The Works today (Sheffield) today and they had Titan hardcover of The Rat Pack on sale for £3.99 - absolute bargain.

If it's anything like the time The Works were getting those Best of 2000AD/Dredd volumes, that should hit Middlesbrough sometime either next week or the one after.  Excellent

Hawkmumbler

I'm in town tomorrow so i'll have a look then. Middlebrook has one as well so I have two chances. Can't say no at that price!

Albion

No Rat Pack books in the Horsham branch.  :(
Mrs Albion is going to look for it when she is out and about working.
They did have the New X-Men books but I didn't buy any.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Hawkmumbler

Yup! About 8 (now 7) volumes of Rat Pack on Works Bolton. Naturally got the one with the best slipcover though they where all in pretty good condition. Nice one Colin. ;)

Albion

The Works have an offer online during half term where it is free delivery if you spend £10 or more.
Use code: DELTEN when ordering.

I might have a look to see what else I might want and get Rat Pack online.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Tombo

Quote from: Tombo on 15 February, 2014, 08:56:58 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 15 February, 2014, 05:34:46 PM

If it's anything like the time The Works were getting those Best of 2000AD/Dredd volumes, that should hit Middlesbrough sometime either next week or the one after.  Excellent

Drat and dangnation!  No sign of the Rat Pack this week but, BONUS!, several copies of the Indiana Jones Omnibus Vol.1 from Dark Horse (not the Further Adventures... omnibuses which I already have the first two of) for £3.99 instead of £19.99.