Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Ooooh! O'll keep an eye out for them as well! :D

Hawkmumbler

And looking at their site I see Ghost in the Shell 1.5 and Tank Girl Apocalypse as well as Indy Further Adventures. That'll take me over the free delivery boundary so I'll be ordering online. :D

MartynD47

There's an indie comic bundle on Groupees, lowest price you can pay is $1.

Hawkmumbler

More from The Works, four Furman era Transformers Titan hardbacks available.

Mardroid

I picked up a couple from The Works too. Took a bit of a chance but as they're such good value it seemed worthwhile.

I got X-Factor: Visionaries and New X-Men. I've yet to read the former (but I've read some of Peter David's stuff before and he was pretty good). And the latter wasn't bad at all.

Dan Banks

Great finds guys, just bagged myself New X-men 1 and 2 as well as The Rat Pack and Jeff Hawke - The Ambassadors.

Just can't argue for those prices!

sheldipez

Comixology are giving a bunch of comics and graphic novels away:

Use the code SXNINJAGO
Get Ninjago vol. 1 for Free

Use the code SXINJUSTICE
Get Injustice: Gods Among Us #1 for Free

Use the code SXPONIES
Get My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic vol. 1 for Free

Use the code SXBATMAN
Get Batman '66 #1 for Free

Use the code SXLOCKE
Get Locke & Key vol. 1 for Free

Use the code SXARKHAM
Get Batman: Arkham City #1 for Free

Use the code SXTRANSFORMERS
Get Transformers: Autocracy collection for Free

Use the code SXTUROK
Get Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #1 for free

https://www.comixology.com/redeem/

Expire on 3/9/14 at 11:59pm EST.

Banners

Be careful with your comiXology passwords after the recent hack.

Mardroid

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century books and Nimo book collections are going pretty cheap on Comixology at the moment. They're even cheaper on the Kindle app when I last checked, but my experience of that app with comics hasn't been good. The Fire version might work well though.

sheldipez

Quote from: Mardroid on 08 March, 2014, 11:05:05 AM
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century books and Nimo book collections are going pretty cheap on Comixology at the moment. They're even cheaper on the Kindle app when I last checked, but my experience of that app with comics hasn't been good. The Fire version might work well though.

I got the first volume of DC's Suicide Squad on Kindle app (still just 50p) and quality was awful, read about half dozen pages before I gave in.

Mardroid

Yeah, the comic Kindle app quality was pretty bad on the Nexus 7 Android tablet too. At least the Judge Dredd Case Files I downloaded were. Great price, but I'd sooner pay more and get better quality through Comixology (although you can't get the Case Files that route.  I'm talking about comics where you have the option).

Yesterday I got Savage She-Hulk from the Works Sale. Taking a chance here as I'm unacquainted with the character, although remember finding She-Hulk amusing in the Incredible Hulk cartoons a few years back... Not sure what the whole 'savage' thing is about this seems some kind of crossover thing. With the low price I'll take the chance.

Hawkmumbler

Yet another one from The Works is Jeff Hawke - The Ambassadors. Saga volume one was in as well for some reason.

Link Prime

In case ye missed it, Comixology are giving a load of titles away for free in a one-day-only deal.
Worth it for Simonson's Ragnarok alone.

Picked up the details on BC; http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/25/comixology-now-accepting-payment-by-amazon-and-giving-away-25-great-free-comics-today/

vark

The annual IDW Limited line sale starts September 29th.

J.Smith

Quote from: vark on 27 September, 2014, 03:42:54 PM
The annual IDW Limited line sale starts September 29th.

Oh, for fuck's sake. Just spent a small fortune on Top Shelf's sale, and now this? Gah!